Time to move on

kicker22

I’ve tried to remain loyal and upbeat, but I’m through. I stood behind Kirk season after season, extension after extension. I even tried to remain positive watching him shoot Brian up the coaching ladder and into an OC position that he wasn’t qualified for. But the joke was on ya and bows it nothing more than a slap in the face.

By no means do I think I know more than KF, but this offense is an absolute train wreck and I’m tired of watching our defense do everything in their power to keep games close.

Hawkeye football is simply no longer fun to watch. The regime will not change so rather than bitching about it I’m simply done watching the dumpster fire until their is some sort of entertainment value. Enjoy the Nebraska game and bowl game. I’ll see you all on the basketball board and hopefully this one again in the future.

To paraphrase the brilliant Cam Newton “time to ride off with the Titanic”

i'm going to give the coaching staff a pass this year. (bf included)
tp and kc inherited these kids.
the cap is the cap and i'm ok with that.
his benefits (character) far outweighs his dated thinking.

bum, paul chryst is a really good guy too. we aren't paying $4.5 mil per season for a saint. we are, or should be, paying that for wins and playing sound and smart football.

Did Iowa start not charging for football tickets this year? Do fans get a discount on Iowa gear when the team stinks?

I’m sure the captain of the Titanic was a great guy too. Unfortunately as time goes by, history has a way of writing itself.

Last edited:
bum, paul chryst is a really good guy too. we aren't paying $4.5 mil per season for a saint. we are, or should be, paying that for wins and playing sound and smart football.

i hear ya.
PC and Wisky are the "hot thing" right now.
he's got a good thing going.
but they too will have bumps in the road that will make
everyone forget their undefeated run as well.
it happens.
Iowa will recover and be better for it.
i have no doubt.

Eight year consecutive season ticket holder here.
Not the most consecutive of course, but enough.

I ditched the game today, knowing it was going to be crappy weather, but more importantly, I sorta kinda knew this is how we'd end this up and down season.

The half empty stadium with 6:30 left in the 4th tells the story folks.

My stay-at-home and watch on the HDTV with munchies, couple of beers, warm, and not fighting traffic and the crowds to watch a crappy product seems awfully inviting next year.

i hear ya.
PC and Wisky are the "hot thing" right now.
he's got a good thing going.
but they too will have bumps in the road that will make
everyone forget their undefeated run as well.
it happens.
Iowa will recover and be better for it.
i have no doubt.

WUs has had 3 coaches in 5 seasons and all 3 have taken WUs to the B1G game, if i'm not mistaken.

This site had downvotes but people brigaded me and a handful of other solid posters. Some people used the downvotes and an anonymous message feature included with the downvote software to call me lewd names.

yeah, it really caused a problem. it really did. besides, its more interesting to disagree with the written/typed word.