Time to go “small”

Yep. I do realize that it is harder for a 6'9 255 lbs Cook to play 35 minutes though, as the extra weight and all the banging inside take a bigger toll. Probably need to keep Cook at 30 or so.
Yes and he runs into foul issues a lot because he is good for at least one charge a game.

I’d stick with the three top bigs Cook, Nunge, and Pemsl (hopefully he is okay), and then if foul trouble ever arises bring in a Wagner or Garza depending on the matchup.

Yes and he runs into foul issues a lot because he is good for at least one charge a game.

I’d stick with the three top bigs Cook, Nunge, and Pemsl (hopefully he is okay), and then if foul trouble ever arises bring in a Wagner or Garza depending on the matchup.

Early in the year, I thought Garza was one of the main reasons we would be better this year. Turns out he's one of the main reasons we're worse. The swing in his game from what he looked like he would bring, compared to what he actually brings is my main disappointment right now. If he was playing even close to what he looked capable of, we would have 2 or 3 losses right now. And one would be Cincinnati.

A couple of points if I may. I realize Connor doesnt have to be all that good to be an upgrade, but he is only going to be a PART-TIME basketball player. Seriously. Think about that. I saw him play a few times in high school. Not overly impressed with his outside shot. Solid ballhandler but not flashy or quick. We need a quick guard who can penetrate and break down the defense. We haven't had a player like this during Fran's 8 YEAR tenure. Truly inexcusable. So it will be at least another year or two of inferior guard play.

Can anyone name a big during Fran's tenure that you can honestly say has made huge strides from his freshman to senior year?

We played a team tonight that replaced four starters from last year. We replaced one starter. If you had to choose between Prohm or Fran leading your progam who would you choose? It is abundantly clear that Prohm can recruit and coach guard play at least.

So this leads me to Fran's future. I believe he is only signed through 2020. Are we certain that Barta extends him?

I think Dailey shows some promise, but if he was a difference maker, he would have stood out more so far. Moss has shown that at times (not last night), so the potential is there. I am not sure Dailey has that potential. However, I don't see the harm in finding out (especially with Connor being out).
Moss straight up disappears for games at a time. They should start him for a heat check, but be prepared to divy up his minutes to MD or BE, depending on the opponent.

Early in the year, I thought Garza was one of the main reasons we would be better this year. Turns out he's one of the main reasons we're worse. The swing in his game from what he looked like he would bring, compared to what he actually brings is my main disappointment right now. If he was playing even close to what he looked capable of, we would have 2 or 3 losses right now. And one would be Cincinnati.
I totally agree. I myself got caught up in the hype, but I think what we missed is that in the PTL and in the Europe trip, you just really aren’t exposed to the size & strength of D1 posts playing hard like you are in the regular season. He might have looked good against the cream puffs, but he hasn’t had a good game since.

Bigs that have been here for 4 years that improved.

Olaseni
White
Uthoff

Bigs that have been here for 4 years and haven't much.

Basabe
McCabe
Woody

I'm pretty sure that's the whole lost. 50/50 is probably what you will find everywhere.

JBo
Moss
Dailey
Cook
Nunge

Subs: Ellingson, Baer, Pemsl, Kriener

Have Dailey play some minutes at 1 or Connor can fill that as well.

Take Wagner and Garza out of rotation.

Latest posts