Time for KF to go!

They lost the fan base in 2010-2011. Couldnt even sell out home games in 2015 for an undefeated team. Some came back in 2016. Its going to be even worse next year.

and it should. this is a kirk ferentz engineered lost season. we were not ready to play against any of the opponents we lost to. yeah, i know, sometimes you lose. i'm saying our players looked mentally unprepared and freaked out by the bright lights. that's coaching. when your philosophy is "we don't seek attention and we just go about our business" then bright lights WILL be a mental obstacle. this program does not play with emotion. plenty of intensity, but little emotion. a bunch of footballamatons.

I'm not sure I can blame this season entirely on coaching....Yet. Special teams lost us the game against Wisconsin, our offense/Stanley against Penn State, and our defense laid an egg against Purdue. And honestly I don't remember what the hell happened yesterday after too much Templeton Rye. I do wonder what our backup QB is thinking though, when he sits on the bench watching a taped up thumb miss another pass.

I thoroughly appreciate what he has done as I watched Hayden Fry do the same thing. Too stubborn to change with the times, brings in terrible assistants (Brian is a bad coordinator), and can not game coach (why no challenge on the fumble, using timeouts at the wrong time). The college game has passed him by yet he has been overpaid for years and is now hurting the program. The longer he stays the harder it will be for a new coach. Bob Stoops is out there and why would he not want to come home and end his career at Iowa.

I'm not sure I can blame this season entirely on coaching....Yet. Special teams lost us the game against Wisconsin, our offense/Stanley against Penn State, and our defense laid an egg against Purdue. And honestly I don't remember what the hell happened yesterday after too much Templeton Rye. I do wonder what our backup QB is thinking though, when he sits on the bench watching a taped up thumb miss another pass.

Who teaches our special teams to be un-special? Who chose to keep Stanley in after an abysmal first half? I was mad at Stanley, but I turned my anger towards Kirk because he's the one who left Stanley in when every other coach in the history of the world would have substituted their QB at halftime. This is on coaching. How could it be anything else? 19 for 49? When/where have you ever seen a statline like that? This is college football not junior high.

Did the defense lay an egg vs Purdue? Maybe. But I know one thing. The D did NOT lose that game. They came away with 2 big turnovers when we needed them the most, yet our offense couldn't capitalize. 3 weeks in a row of no Fant....arguably the most nightmarish mismatch for a LB in all of college football...pro coaches are salivating for him the draft. Coaches that know how to utilize such a player. Coaches that get the AXE if they have par to subpar seasons.

Sorry if this all sounded mean...

Who teaches our special teams to be un-special? Who chose to keep Stanley in after an abysmal first half? I was mad at Stanley, but I turned my anger towards Kirk because he's the one who left Stanley in when every other coach in the history of the world would have substituted their QB at halftime. This is on coaching. How could it be anything else? 19 for 49? When/where have you ever seen a statline like that? This is college football not junior high.

Did the defense lay an egg vs Purdue? Maybe. But I know one thing. The D did NOT lose that game. They came away with 2 big turnovers when we needed them the most, yet our offense couldn't capitalize. 3 weeks in a row of no Fant....arguably the most nightmarish mismatch for a LB in all of college football...pro coaches are salivating for him the draft. Coaches that know how to utilize such a player. Coaches that get the AXE if they have par to subpar seasons.

Sorry if this all sounded mean...
Yeah, I agree more and more as I sober up.

Latest posts