Tim Floyd Making a Push

I vote for deleting the thread entirely.

Then we can start a thread complaining about the deletion.

I am not chubby - I am stout!

By the way I'm not a troll...been a Hawk fan for as long as I can remember. Why wouldn't Floyd be interested?

Because he's looking at a lifetime ban...oh wait, the NCAA only punishes the schools...what was I thinking???

Seriously though, I have more interest in the Iowa job than Timmy "Bag O'Bills", but that doesn't mean Iowa has interest in ME.

Why not Kelvin Sampson?

Heck, just hire me. I'll hire a bunch of Cayman Island Bankers to recruit. They'll be much better at laundering money than the amateurs that Tim Floyd had recruiting for him.

I like where this is going. Lets assemble a dream cast.... We could get Kelven Sampson, Tim Floyd, Carapali, Nick Nolte from Blue Chips...

I wish more people would do a little research before spouting off crap. Floyd is one heck of a recruiter and a proven winner at the collegiate level. Personally I’m not convinced he would be he best fit for Iowa in this situation, at this time, but his track record says he's a man that is more than capable of turning it around. For those who feel a need to drag his name thorugh the mud it may be helpful if you read up a bit on the current situation. Here are a few random excerpts from two recent articles you may find interesting. The links are below. Just saying we should let this thing run its course before passing judgement so quickly.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/18/sports/la-sp-floyd-ncaa18-2010feb18

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/01/tim_floyd_says_he_left_souther.html

On Wednesday, Floyd spoke at length about what led him to leave USC last June, indicating it had nothing to do with Mayo but everything to do with Trojans Athletic Director Mike Garrett.
"Why I left was not in any way an admission of guilt, " Floyd said. "It was a complete testament to a lack of support by my administration and how we were treated after four years of doing everything the right way. And that is what I've gone on record as saying.

"That did not register well with me, did not sit well with me, " Floyd went on. "I always said I would only stay at a place as long as I was wanted there. It was a situation where the athletic director was more worried about himself than our program. Everything we had done to establish that program as one of the top national-level programs in the country was being destroyed from within. Players being released, the treatment of our coaches, the treatment of me as the head coach. . . . And at this point in my career, I didn't feel like I needed to stay there and deal with that. I felt I'd done enough over 33 years of being in this business to never have my integrity challenged and did not appreciate it."

"I left not as an admission of guilt, but the fact that I did not care for my boss. And I think we've all been in situations where we didn't care for our boss. That's why I left."
Floyd said he had not spoken out earlier about his feelings because he was protecting his three assistants who, at the time the story broke, were just two weeks from possible contract extensions.
All three, Gib Arnold, Bob Cantu and Phil Johnson, were retained on this season's USC staff.
"Had I said what I just told you, their contracts could not have been renewed, " Floyd said. "I was more worried about them. They kept all three. If we were doing anything wrong, why did they keep all three?

"And the second thing I'd like to ask the people who have tended to judge me based on that departure and the allegations is (that) I knew about those allegations six months before they came out. If I felt like I had done something wrong, why would I not have left when I was offered the Arizona job and the Memphis job, to run away from the issue like others have done in our business? I stayed because I knew that I had not done anything wrong. All I asked for was support and loyalty in return, which I received none."

In recent interviews with The Times and New Orleans Times-Picayune, Floyd has also talked about his displeasure with Garrett. "Mike's reputation took precedence over the truth;" Floyd said, adding that Garrett didn't support him when it mattered most, and that "the athletic director was more worried about himself than our program."
There were times where staff just kind of threw the ball into play and didn't say another word for another hour because the [former] coach and institution were going back and forth," Yeager said. "The committee really looked at protecting everybody's interest in the room. There were times where we felt an institution was throwing a coach under the bus improperly. One hearing we had, that became evident and [we] dismissed everything against the coach and said, 'Go home.' "

Floyd has previously said that USC blessed Mayo's entry into the school with full knowledge of his connection to Guillory. A Los Angeles events promoter, Guillory formerly had a relationship with another USC basketball player, Jeff Trepagnier, who was disciplined in 2000 for accepting airline tickets provided by Guillory. At the time, Guillory was tied to some would-be player agents from Las Vegas.
Garrett was USC's athletic director in 2000, and the school's veteran faculty athletic representative, Noel Ragsdale, was also familiar with Guillory's past transgression, Floyd has noted. Ragsdale could not be reached for comment this week.

I wish more people would do a little research before spouting off crap. Floyd is one heck of a recruiter and a proven winner at the collegiate level. Personally I’m not convinced he would be he best fit for Iowa in this situation, at this time, but his track record says he's a man that is more than capable of turning it around. For those who feel a need to drag his name thorugh the mud it may be helpful if you read up a bit on the current situation. Here are a few random excerpts from two recent articles you may find interesting. The links are below. Just saying we should let this thing run its course before passing judgement so quickly.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/18/sports/la-sp-floyd-ncaa18-2010feb18

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/01/tim_floyd_says_he_left_souther.html

On Wednesday, Floyd spoke at length about what led him to leave USC last June, indicating it had nothing to do with Mayo but everything to do with Trojans Athletic Director Mike Garrett.
"Why I left was not in any way an admission of guilt, " Floyd said. "It was a complete testament to a lack of support by my administration and how we were treated after four years of doing everything the right way. And that is what I've gone on record as saying.

"That did not register well with me, did not sit well with me, " Floyd went on. "I always said I would only stay at a place as long as I was wanted there. It was a situation where the athletic director was more worried about himself than our program. Everything we had done to establish that program as one of the top national-level programs in the country was being destroyed from within. Players being released, the treatment of our coaches, the treatment of me as the head coach. . . . And at this point in my career, I didn't feel like I needed to stay there and deal with that. I felt I'd done enough over 33 years of being in this business to never have my integrity challenged and did not appreciate it."

"I left not as an admission of guilt, but the fact that I did not care for my boss. And I think we've all been in situations where we didn't care for our boss. That's why I left."
Floyd said he had not spoken out earlier about his feelings because he was protecting his three assistants who, at the time the story broke, were just two weeks from possible contract extensions.
All three, Gib Arnold, Bob Cantu and Phil Johnson, were retained on this season's USC staff.
"Had I said what I just told you, their contracts could not have been renewed, " Floyd said. "I was more worried about them. They kept all three. If we were doing anything wrong, why did they keep all three?

"And the second thing I'd like to ask the people who have tended to judge me based on that departure and the allegations is (that) I knew about those allegations six months before they came out. If I felt like I had done something wrong, why would I not have left when I was offered the Arizona job and the Memphis job, to run away from the issue like others have done in our business? I stayed because I knew that I had not done anything wrong. All I asked for was support and loyalty in return, which I received none."

In recent interviews with The Times and New Orleans Times-Picayune, Floyd has also talked about his displeasure with Garrett. "Mike's reputation took precedence over the truth;" Floyd said, adding that Garrett didn't support him when it mattered most, and that "the athletic director was more worried about himself than our program."
There were times where staff just kind of threw the ball into play and didn't say another word for another hour because the [former] coach and institution were going back and forth," Yeager said. "The committee really looked at protecting everybody's interest in the room. There were times where we felt an institution was throwing a coach under the bus improperly. One hearing we had, that became evident and [we] dismissed everything against the coach and said, 'Go home.' "

Floyd has previously said that USC blessed Mayo's entry into the school with full knowledge of his connection to Guillory. A Los Angeles events promoter, Guillory formerly had a relationship with another USC basketball player, Jeff Trepagnier, who was disciplined in 2000 for accepting airline tickets provided by Guillory. At the time, Guillory was tied to some would-be player agents from Las Vegas.
Garrett was USC's athletic director in 2000, and the school's veteran faculty athletic representative, Noel Ragsdale, was also familiar with Guillory's past transgression, Floyd has noted. Ragsdale could not be reached for comment this week.

right. He left NOT because of Mayo...uh huh.

A recruiter? Don't you mean "buyer". He's had major "issues" at almost every place he's coached. No doubt he's nice guy, but to say that he's a "good" guy is a bit of a stretch.