Tightened Security at Kinnick

I don't agree with how tksirious is saying it but I agree with his point.

This is 100% security theatre. This policy does not increase safety one iota. If terrorists are targeting this game, they're not gonna be derailed by a no purse/bag policy. That's ridiculous.

This is 100% security theatre. This policy does not increase safety one iota. If terrorists are targeting this game, they're not gonna be derailed by a no purse/bag policy. That's ridiculous.

God forbid we should have some commonsense and profile. Instead we cave to political correctness and everyone gets checked, those damn lifelong Iowans all look like those terrorists.

Last edited:

God forbid we should have some commonsense and profile. Instead we cave to political correctness and everyone gets checked, those damn life-long Iowans all look like potential terrorists.

I had a friend walk into the Illinois game with a beer in his pocket and one in his hand. IN HIS HAND! They said nothing. Any security is a improvement over that lol.

God forbid we should have some commonsense and profile. Instead we cave to political correctness and everyone gets checked, those damn lifelong Iowans all look like those terrorists.

The knowledge here is so thick you can cut it with a knife! I can't vote this up twice so ^^^^^^^^!

God forbid we should have some commonsense and profile. Instead we cave to political correctness and everyone gets checked, those damn life-long Iowans all look like potential terrorists.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh? Or any of the hundreds of white middle class Americans that have been recruited by groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS and the Taliban... Because no white people ever blew stuff up.

Chill on the rhetoric.

Listen to the kid from Brooklyn discuss heightened security.

[video=youtube;WVcW-dj26_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcW-dj26_o[/video]

You mean like Timothy McVeigh? Or any of the hundreds of white middle class Americans that have been recruited by groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS and the Taliban... Because no white people ever blew stuff up.

Chill on the rhetoric.

Give me a break, you take the exception from 30 years ago, let it go Hillary, pull your head out of the sand. And after spending two tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm pretty sure profiling works. And by the way, Arabs are Caucasian, so your response, which implied racism, is not accurate.

Last edited:
Oh dear. We don't even need to wade into the waters of profiling/race/etc. Anyone could try to pull something stupid this weekend. White, black, Muslim, Christian, any old random insane person, whatever.

The point is, they're not going to be stopped by a no purse policy. Therefore this is stupid, inconvenient, and 100% for "optics" only.

Oh dear. We don't even need to wade into the waters of profiling/race/etc. Anyone could try to pull something stupid this weekend. White, black, Muslim, Christian, any old random insane person, whatever.

The point is, they're not going to be stopped by a no purse policy. Therefore this is stupid, inconvenient, and 100% for "optics" only.

Yes, although most of the groups you mentioned are not responsible for most of the terrorist acts that went on for the past 20 years. I do agree, this is an ineffective policy for optics only, that was my point.

Chill on the rhetoric.

booking your trip to syria anytime soon? believe me - they will profile on you...

And by the way; profiling is not just about skin color......there are many, many other factors. I'm pretty sure the rent-a-cop security are not up to the task, but I bet the Iowa Highway Patrol, most deputies and police are up to the task.

What is wrong with my fellow Hawkeyes? Have you not been paying attention? 1) These guys are the JV team. Real men are not afraid of the JV squad. 2) James Taylor is on this issue and he's money baby. 3) The greatest President in history is on record as saying we are winning and they are contained. What about CONTAINED do you not understand?

Give me a break, you take the exception from 30 years ago, let it go Hillary, pull your head out of the sand. And after spending two tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm pretty sure profiling works. And by the way, Arabs are Caucasian, so your response, which implied racism, is not accurate.

This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, and this isn't the military. In the United States, local and state law enforcement profiling is racial or religious more often than not, and it DOESN'T work:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rofiling-on-innocent-muslim-americans/274434/

And it isn't helping prevent attacks like the ones in Paris. Or the ones in Paris earlier this year on Charlie Hebdo. Or the Boston marathon bombing. Or the attacks on churches in South Carolina and across the South.

And you're right, Oklahoma City was 20 years ago. So how about more recently:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

Also, my response (which did, in fact, imply racism), was using the more colloquial definition of "white." So I'll clarify, hundreds of white, non-hispanic, non-Arab Americans have been recruited by ISIS and other groups. You can split hairs all you want to, but the point still remains.

Really, you are quoting the Atlantic and NY Times? Why not make it the trifecta of leftist journalism and quote Salon too. The article you linked to from the Times has already been discredited, confusing mental illness with extremist views has happened frequently on the left, wishful thinking on their part. You failed to mention, the rise in violent crime since the NYPD quit profiling.

Profiling, done by professionals is a very effective tool. Political correctness has saved NO lives.

Latest posts