Tiger Woods- stick a fork in him!

He was a fraud as a faithful husband, but not as a great golfer. He may not beat the Nicklaus' record but I believe he will turn his game around. Don't stick a fork in him as he isn't done.

I agree partially that he was a great golfer, but steroids made him much better than his closest rival. In his current state, not even roids can help him. In fact, I would have to believe that roids would now be a deterrent to the head case that is Eldrick.

I agree partially that he was a great golfer, but steroids made him much better than his closest rival. In his current state, not even roids can help him. In fact, I would have to believe that roids would now be a deterrent to the head case that is Eldrick.

There is much more to golf for Steroids to make that much of an impact. Hell Tiger isn't even the longest hitter on tour and hasn't been in my recollection. Quite honestly I don't recall if he has ever led the PGA in Driving distance. The Steroids talk and making him better is laughable to me. Coming from a golfer, I'm trying to figure out how steroids would make me better. Just not buying that.

People also need to realize that Tiger has played in 58 Majors since becoming pro, winning 14. That means that 75% of the time he doesn't win.

Even with all Tiger's struggles, Phil still couldn't get the job done. He was in great shape after round 2 but he faltered yesterday and today he went out and shot +8. Good for a tie for 46th. Good job, Phil!

If we trashed every single sports figure who was morally less than 100% perfect, we wouldn't have anybody to cheer for. Zero. Nada.

I hope he comes back and takes the golf world by storm once again.

Thanks to all here for a rather interesting discussion. I don't know if he came across this way to others, but something about Tiger always struck me as not very real- the trophy wife, the picture perfect public image, etc. I can't say that I say that I saw his downfall coming but what has happened to him doesn't seem particulary surprising either. The fact that he rushed back into tournament golf so soon to me shows a bit of a character defecit as he obviously doesn't seem ready yet to move on with that part of his life.

No amount of money nor past success can ease the pain of mental torment. Tiger has brought it all on himself and I suspect he has a very difficult road ahead of him for some time to come.

Kobe Bryant ring a bell?

He is now a darling again.

How many pro athletes don't have a 'trophy wife'?

Go to a PGA Tour event sometime. Look at those guys. Some of them are not very attractive blokes. But, their wives are VERY attractive.

Tiger Woods = best golfer ever. period.

Phil is not even in tigers class. The only thing that beat Tiger is Tiger. Comparing Woods to Phil is like comparing Kobe to Billups, Montana to Culpepper. Ricky to Jake.

There is much more to golf for Steroids to make that much of an impact. Hell Tiger isn't even the longest hitter on tour and hasn't been in my recollection. Quite honestly I don't recall if he has ever led the PGA in Driving distance. The Steroids talk and making him better is laughable to me. Coming from a golfer, I'm trying to figure out how steroids would make me better. Just not buying that.

Everybody can have their own opinion. Mine is that in the era of steroids, their is no way the best golfer in the game (or he was anyway) is going to decline the temptation, especially one who is known to give into temptation quite readily. And maybe you haven't heard, but roids are a known PERFORMANCE ENHANCER. If nothing else, a good golfer that can outlast his rivals has a definite advantage. And the very nature of roids help in the recovery from fatigue. If you don't think roids can enhance a golf game, I've got a gold domed Capital to sell ya.

Everybody can have their own opinion. Mine is that in the era of steroids, their is no way the best golfer in the game (or he was anyway) is going to decline the temptation, especially one who is known to give into temptation quite readily. And maybe you haven't heard, but roids are a known PERFORMANCE ENHANCER. If nothing else, a good golfer that can outlast his rivals has a definite advantage. And the very nature of roids help in the recovery from fatigue. If you don't think roids can enhance a golf game, I've got a gold domed Capital to sell ya.

I just don't see a great advantage for roids in golf. Much, much more to golf than recovery, strength. Will agree to disagree. I mean Seriously just look at John Daly a heavy smoker and heavy drinker while winning majors. Just not buying what your trying to sell.

The biggest advantage to golfers is the equipment technology over the years not roids. So you can keep your gold dome capital.

I just don't see a great advantage for roids in golf. Much, much more to golf than recovery, strength. Will agree to disagree. I mean Seriously just look at John Daly a heavy smoker and heavy drinker while winning majors. Just not buying what your trying to sell.

The biggest advantage to golfers is the equipment technology over the years not roids. So you can keep your gold dome capital.

I keep seeing 14 majors by the age of 30.

After 120 years of baseball, 61 home runs in a season was the record. And then, thanks to roids, that record is smashed by 9. And an average to good baseball player goes over the 60 mark 3 times in consecutive seasons. And that is hitting a ball moving at 70-100 miles an hour. And that ball sometimes is thrown right at the hitter's nose (see Barry Bonds).

Now, a very good golfer that can hit the ball straight should not be affected negatively by added strength, as long as the added muscle does not get in the way of a natural swing. And I still believe the added conditioning will help a very good golfer on roids prevail over a very good golfer not on roids.

I could go on and on.

But I keep seeing 14 majors by the age of 30 and that leads me to believe that the best golfer in the world left nothing to chance. Except his choice of sex partners.

After 120 years of baseball, 61 home runs in a season was the record. And then, thanks to roids, that record is smashed by 9. And an average to good baseball player goes over the 60 mark 3 times in consecutive seasons. And that is hitting a ball moving at 70-100 miles an hour. And that ball sometimes is thrown right at the hitter's nose (see Barry Bonds).

Now, a very good golfer that can hit the ball straight should not be affected negatively by added strength, as long as the added muscle does not get in the way of a natural swing. And I still believe the added conditioning will help a very good golfer on roids prevail over a very good golfer not on roids.

I could go on and on.

But I keep seeing 14 majors by the age of 30 and that leads me to believe that the best golfer in the world left nothing to chance. Except his choice of sex partners.

Who has 14 majors by the age of 30? Not Tiger

Keep grasping for those straws. I'm fine with the fact you don't like Tiger but your reaching with the roids angle. Tiger turned pro at 20, won his first Major (The Masters) 8 months later at the age of 21. You telling me he was on roids? hahahaha. He is a kid still growing up.

07d79dd54bc1ef40aa641e8f6430ad22.jpg

Last edited:
Who has 14 majors by the age of 30? Not Tiger

Keep grasping for those straws. I'm fine with the fact you don't like Tiger but your reaching with the roids angle. Tiger turned pro at 20, won his first Major (The Masters) 8 months later at the age of 21. You telling me he was on roids? hahahaha. He is a kid still growing up.

07d79dd54bc1ef40aa641e8f6430ad22.jpg

30...32... whatever

Where did I say I don't like Tiger? What you should have said is "I'm fine with the fact you don't like lies".

Tiger may end up redeeming himself. I would like that very much.

Last edited:
No biggie Say. The bottomline is that people love to kick people when there down. I choose not to go that path.

Do I think Tiger Woods has taken roids. No I personally feel that he hasn't. Logic tells me I'm seeing a progression of being introduced to a kid that grew into an adult is all.

Last edited:
Kobe Bryant ring a bell?

He is now a darling again.

How many pro athletes don't have a 'trophy wife'?

Go to a PGA Tour event sometime. Look at those guys. Some of them are not very attractive blokes. But, their wives are VERY attractive.

Tiger Woods = best golfer ever. period.

The point about rich atheletes commonly having trophy wives seems valid enough. The whole Tiger phenomonon always seemed a little too packaged although I could never really put my finger on why it didn't seem real. We now know that the pristine public image surrounding Tiger masked a dark and deeply troubled personal life.

What has happened to Tiger Woods in no way diminishes his considerable accomplishments in golf but it has turned his world upside down in a way that will take considerable fortitude for him to move forward and get on with his life. At his age and with everything he has to overcome Tiger may never get back to the top of the circuit and he may have done irrepairable damage to his legacy. This guy has lost alot so the test of character comes in how he handles things from here.

At his age and with everything he has to overcome Tiger may never get back to the top of the circuit and he may have done irrepairable damage to his legacy. This guy has lost alot so the test of character comes in how he handles things from here.

With every major he wins he will begin to repair the damage to his legacy. If Tiger never wins another major this will be a very accurate statment.

Tiger Woods knows this. The pressure he must feel right now is enormous and he deserves all of it because he did it to himself.

I will never understand the joy some of you have in kicking a celeb/ athlete when they are down. Does it make you feel better about yourself? How very sad.

I could go on and on.

That's the thing in bold. The PGA players aren't winning because they hit it straight, it's because they can turn the ball any direction they want on any shot. They shape their shots. If it were just about hitting the ball straight it would be a different game. Golf is more about finess than strength, and getting to big or strong can actually hurt a golf game. A swing is all about rhythm, timing, and repition. Not saying they don't take roids, it's just probably not as much help as in other sports.

Steroids can help a golfer if he already has good mechanics and therefore is only adding distance. But I've never been sold on Tiger being a 'roider. Bonds did it because he wanted to be the best player in the game after watching guys (Sosa and McGwire), who he considered inferior players to himself, get all the attention just for hitting homeruns. But Tiger was ALREADY the best in the game. Not arguably the best. THE best. Head and shoulders above everyone. So if he took them, I don't think it was so he could be the best on tour, because he already held that title.

Latest posts