Ticket sales flat

Last I checked, Iowa has always had cold winters and weeknight basketball games, as well as OOC games against cupcakes - and we used to fill CHA. So it's more than just the schedule.

The fact is that Alford, and especially Lickliter, sucked the life out of this program and the game attendance hasn't fully recovered yet. It's going to take some time, and some wins, to get the fans back. But Fran is working on it.

I think if this year's team surprises, especially in the Big Ten, you will see attendance start to spike before the season is over.

+1 attendance is already on the way up...last year sales were up 20%.

Best attendance increase for a non NCAA tourney team. Also ranked 31st in attendance last year. Once we are in the hunt for a tourney bid, that will easily push us into the top 25 IMO.

Hawkeyes Rank Fifth in Average Attendance Increase - Iowa Official Athletic Site

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - The University of Iowa men's basketball program increased their average attendance from the previous year by an average of 2,085 fans in head coach Fran McCaffery's first season. The boost in attendance ranks fifth among Division I programs in the country.

The Hawkeyes trailed only BYU (4,685), San Diego State (4,441), Louisville (2,435) and St. John's (2,324), all of whom were NCAA Tournament qualifiers.

Ahhh ... not a bad deal then ... I am taking in the Creighton game here in Des Moines. Did not really look into the mini-packages ... May have to do that ...
The package is called the Dale Howard Classic Package @hawkeyesports.com There was a $5.00 fee per ticket also.

+1 attendance is already on the way up...last year sales were up 20%.

Best attendance increase for a non NCAA tourney team. Also ranked 31st in attendance last year. Once we are in the hunt for a tourney bid, that will easily push us into the top 25 IMO.

Hawkeyes Rank Fifth in Average Attendance Increase - Iowa Official Athletic Site

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - The University of Iowa men's basketball program increased their average attendance from the previous year by an average of 2,085 fans in head coach Fran McCaffery's first season. The boost in attendance ranks fifth among Division I programs in the country.

The Hawkeyes trailed only BYU (4,685), San Diego State (4,441), Louisville (2,435) and St. John's (2,324), all of whom were NCAA Tournament qualifiers.

attendance is on the way up? isn't this thread in regards to the stagnation of ticket sales?

and carver was actually full maybe twice last year, one of those being the ISU game. Iowa very well may have been "ranked 31st" in ticket sales, but their still wasn't near that many people there. that'll change though, if they can start winning consistently.

everyone making excuses as to why you cant make it, "it's too cold", "my geo metro doesn't do well in winter" ,"blah blah blah", you'd have no problem getting there if the product on the court was worth it. just loo at ISU: smaller fan base, a half hour from the metro, way smaller town than IC. but Hilton will be rocking every night this winter and they will average top 20 attendance. why? the fans are bought in and they are putting a very good product on the court.

everyone making excuses as to why you cant make it, "it's too cold", "my geo metro doesn't do well in winter" ,"blah blah blah", you'd have no problem getting there if the product on the court was worth it. just loo at ISU: smaller fan base, a half hour from the metro, way smaller town than IC. but Hilton will be rocking every night this winter and they will average top 20 attendance. why? the fans are bought in and they are putting a very good product on the court.

This thread isnt about ISU's ticket sales. Could not care less if Hilton is "rocking" every night this winter.

attendance is on the way up? isn't this thread in regards to the stagnation of ticket sales?

and carver was actually full maybe twice last year, one of those being the ISU game. Iowa very well may have been "ranked 31st" in ticket sales, but their still wasn't near that many people there. that'll change though, if they can start winning consistently.

If everyone was there or not is a different story, the numbers put out by the NCAA show Iowa increased attendance last year. I didn't think it was that tough to understand those numbers.

Also what does Hilton rocking have to do with Iowa ticket sales?

Maybe it takes you 45 minutes to drive from Marion to the VA at 7:45AM or 5:15PM.

CR Metro Area = 256,324
Iowa City Metro Area = 152,263
The Quad Cities = 379,690

If you just take the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Metros, that's 408,587.

Add the Quad Cities and that's 788,277 within an hour or so.

Add Des Moines metro and get another 569,633.
Add Waterloo/Cedar Falls and get another 164,913.

So if you are willing to expand your time frame to like 2 hours, that's about 1,522,823 people.

Get off your soap box already.
and there all Iowa fans :rolleyes:

This thread isnt about ISU's ticket sales. Could not care less if Hilton is "rocking" every night this winter.

If everyone was there or not is a different story, the numbers put out by the NCAA show Iowa increased attendance last year. I didn't think it was that tough to understand those numbers.

Also what does Hilton rocking have to do with Iowa ticket sales?

it has plenty to do with it. if ISU fans can fill hilton, why can't Iowa fans fill carver? both coaches took over programs in very similar conditions.

dont "the clowns" only have like ten fans? shouldn't they "be in the MVC"? c'mon, you guys throw that garbage out there all the time, yet ISU basketball has outdrawn Iowa for some time now. what gives?

it has plenty to do with it. if ISU fans can fill hilton, why can't Iowa fans fill carver? both coaches took over programs in very similar conditions.

dont "the clowns" only have like ten fans? shouldn't they "be in the MVC"? c'mon, you guys throw that garbage out there all the time, yet ISU basketball has outdrawn Iowa for some time now. what gives?

If 20 ISU fans jumped off a bridge should 20 Iowa fans jump as well?

ISU averaged around 1,000 more fans per game last year than Iowa did, it isn't like ISU is drawing sell outs at Hilton night after night either.

If 20 ISU fans jumped off a bridge should 20 Iowa fans jump as well?

ISU averaged around 1,000 more fans per game last year than Iowa did, it isn't like ISU is drawing sell outs at Hilton night after night either.

not saying Iowa fans should do as ISU fans do. Iowa has a larger fan base, there for should have no problem selling more tickets than "little brother". why dont they?

and the gap will widen this year. ISU season ticket sales are higher than they've been since the Eustachy era.

not saying Iowa fans should do as ISU fans do. Iowa has a larger fan base, there for should have no problem selling more tickets than "little brother". why dont they?

and the gap will widen this year. ISU season ticket sales are higher than they've been since the Eustachy era.

It isn't complicated to figure out why there were more fans at ISU.

The Golden Boy Fred, that will draw more just on that factor.

1. Fred Hoiberg, Ames golden boy, coaches ISU.

2. The Iowa fanbase is far more spread out. The heart of the ISU fanbase is by and large situated within 60 miles of Ames.

3. Iowa is a football first school. ISU has never had much success in football, and therefore basketball is easier to get more pumped up for.

4. While ISU didn't have much success under McD they had players worth watching. Brackins, Gilstrap, Diante, etc. Iowa simply didn't have entertaining players to watch during the Lick era. ISU fans don't understand how much Lick set the program back.

i mean this.is ridiculos why cant fran get out.in.front fo ths on twitter or something its not asking 2 much.i dont think

Iowa get back to sellouts but they are still skeptical, also can you tell me what ISU charges for tickets fo GA,student tickets and season tickets for the season ticket how much do donors have to pony up for the rights to those ticket compared to Iowa and if someone has that info i would appreciate that for comparison as that has a big affect on crowds considering the economy

Game times are the problem, especially driving from Des Moines ... no way I can justify season tickets

I did buy 4 for the Creighton game at Wells Fargo. We need to play 2-3 games in DM every year.

Exactly. It's an hour (2 total travel time) closer. We could be Duke and I'm not driving 3 hours on a Tuesday night to go to a basketball game.

ISU fans "thought" they were going dancing the last 2 years of Brackins career. Although they came up woefully short, they held out hope. Most Iowa fans didnt think they would even have a winning record those 2 years. Big difference.

Latest posts