Ticket sales flat

this was brought up before, the product has not been the same, but the schedule is not set up for the average fan, Tuesday night games Monday night games and any other night game in the week make it hard to attend, people work and people like to take the kids, if a person lives more than an hour away discourages many people, get out of a game at 9:30 then wait at least a hour and a half to get out of town because of traffic, and still have another hour to maybe two drive home, you are looking at getting yourself and the kids home anywhere from 12:30-3:00 in the morning. nope not for alot of people, until they make it more attractive for students, because right there they don't have the travel to deal with, and Iowa has the worst seating arrangement for them

there are like 400,000 people that live within 30 minutes of carver. its not the schedule thats the problem.

DM is a 100 miles away, CR takes at least 45 minutes on a good day with traffic, where do you get 400, 000 within a 30 minutes drive, what type of pills are you taking

obviously winning solves all, but after Fans watch this twelve year staff put together back to back mediocre football teams. Fans will be starving for new and exciting if they start off well sales will be there.

I think its hard to convince people to buy season tickets when u can walk up to carver and get a mid court ticket for 10 bucks against a top 5 team (i did this last year for OSU)

i have made the drive to the VA hospital many time and yea it a 45 minute drive, plus there are not 400,000 people in CR, maybe that many if you combine CR, CF and Waterloo, and you may come close

i have made the drive to the VA hospital many time and yea it a 45 minute drive, plus there are not 400,000 people in CR, maybe that many if you combine CR, CF and Waterloo, and you may come close

Maybe it takes you 45 minutes to drive from Marion to the VA at 7:45AM or 5:15PM.

CR Metro Area = 256,324
Iowa City Metro Area = 152,263
The Quad Cities = 379,690

If you just take the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Metros, that's 408,587.

Add the Quad Cities and that's 788,277 within an hour or so.

Add Des Moines metro and get another 569,633.
Add Waterloo/Cedar Falls and get another 164,913.

So if you are willing to expand your time frame to like 2 hours, that's about 1,522,823 people.

Get off your soap box already.

and QC is no where close to 30 minutes from Iowa City, not to be nit picky but the games are held during winter, and with the weather in this state you never know what you might have for weather that complicates road conditions, personnaly i got caught on interstate 80 once because of the weather took 2 hours for trucks to get to us just to get 11 miles so i could get to a hotel, maybe i am not a true fan because i am not ready for that again, and for the record when we left the report called for clear skies

Yeah, I'm from Des Moines too and find it impossible to attend all the games. However, I bought the mini package that includes the Creighton game at the Well, Brown, and fO$U at CHA. The Games in IC are on the weekend so it worked out nice. They were $50.00 apiece...not bad.

Hopefully the team will generate enough wins to bring the interest level up, and ticket sales will follow.

Ahhh ... not a bad deal then ... I am taking in the Creighton game here in Des Moines. Did not really look into the mini-packages ... May have to do that ...

I use to have tickets in section M---but now there is a 600 per ticket surcharge for that seat. Decided I will watch on tv---for those few games that make it on.

Maybe it takes you 45 minutes to drive from Marion to the VA at 7:45AM or 5:15PM.

CR Metro Area = 256,324
Iowa City Metro Area = 152,263
The Quad Cities = 379,690

If you just take the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Metros, that's 408,587.

Add the Quad Cities and that's 788,277 within an hour or so.

Add Des Moines metro and get another 569,633.
Add Waterloo/Cedar Falls and get another 164,913.

So if you are willing to expand your time frame to like 2 hours, that's about 1,522,823 people.

Get off your soap box already.

I am fairly certain he lives in his soap box.

Last I checked, Iowa has always had cold winters and weeknight basketball games, as well as OOC games against cupcakes - and we used to fill CHA. So it's more than just the schedule.

The fact is that Alford, and especially Lickliter, sucked the life out of this program and the game attendance hasn't fully recovered yet. It's going to take some time, and some wins, to get the fans back. But Fran is working on it.

I think if this year's team surprises, especially in the Big Ten, you will see attendance start to spike before the season is over.

Latest posts