Ticket sales flat

Yeah I'm a little surprised. Anyone know if they are doing the mini ticket packages this year? Its really hard to commit to the entire season and a little expensive for 2 seats.

student tickets are about even for last year 1623 last year 1550 this year, why don't you get tickets behind the Basket and try to enjoy games all season

Yeah I'm a little surprised. Anyone know if they are doing the mini ticket packages this year? Its really hard to commit to the entire season and a little expensive for 2 seats.

Read the article and you would have your answer about the mini packs:

Finke said that she expected mini-season ticket packages to be offered next month, and single game tickets will go on sale shortly after that.

BUY NOW OR BE

PRICED OUT 4EVER!!!!

WE R BACK!!!

SAME AS WHEN

ALFORD WAS HERE,

HIGH GAS PRICES AND

WEAK ECONOMY ARE

ARTIFICIALLY

DEPRESSING SALES.

BUY NOW!!

WE R BACK!

BUY NOW OR BE

PRICED OUT 4EVER!!!!

WE R BACK!!!

SAME AS WHEN

ALFORD WAS HERE,

HIGH GAS PRICES AND

WEAK ECONOMY ARE

ARTIFICIALLY

DEPRESSING SALES.

BUY NOW!!

WE R BACK!
Wake up, people....

A full house is necessary to attract recruits, along with our very good 2012 incoming class. If I lived near IC, I would be at every home game. Students, alumni, and fans in the area should attend every game if at all humanly possible.

I am guessing there will be a lot more walk up sales this year. May not be until next year we see a jump in sales. Will have to see how this year goes ... For me, I simply can't buy season tickets coming from DSM. Too many weeknight games I would simply not be able to make. That being said, I do hope to get over for four or five home games ...

I can't be at every game this year. due to my work schedule Ill be lucky to make 1/2. I ordered 4 and will make sure my seats are filled every night.

I think tickets will sell as the non conference wins add up and the Hawks put up 80-90 with some regularity.

It is going to take time. Alford and Lickliter, especially Lickliter, destroyed a lot of enthusiasm...A LOT and that is going to be a little hard to get back.

Fortunately though, Fran appears to have Iowa back on the right track. With the addition of next year's class and winning games, Iowa fans will begin to return.

Yeah, I'm from Des Moines too and find it impossible to attend all the games. However, I bought the mini package that includes the Creighton game at the Well, Brown, and fO$U at CHA. The Games in IC are on the weekend so it worked out nice. They were $50.00 apiece...not bad.

Hopefully the team will generate enough wins to bring the interest level up, and ticket sales will follow.

Last edited:
I'm a season ticket holder but also understand it's going to take some wins before you start seeing Carver at full capacity consistently. We'll get there...it's just gonna take some time.

Is there a ban button for the idiot with the large font? Everyone has legit posts except for the *** clown with the large font. All I can say right now is cage match.

Something that hasn't been discussed much lately, what changes were made inside CHA? Or are they in the future plans?

It's a new world. Fran WILL win games, so that will solve the biggest problem, but people are busy and Iowa basketball is no longer a slam dunk (pun intended) for folks strapped for cash. Really outside the B1G games, the schedule sucks.

I'll make my fair share of games but the amount of $$ it takes for my football tickets takes a bite out of my wallet.

It's a new world. Fran WILL win games, so that will solve the biggest problem, but people are busy and Iowa basketball is no longer a slam dunk (pun intended) for folks strapped for cash. Really outside the B1G games, the schedule sucks.

I'll make my fair share of games but the amount of $$ it takes for my football tickets takes a bite out of my wallet.

The problem for me is driving over from Des Moines on a Tuesday night to watch basketball.

SAME AS WHEN

ALFORD WAS HERE

When Alford was here? If you mean transfers, arrests for alcohol and drugs, players being ruled academically ineligible and then selling your soul for one player and a pathetic loss to Northwestern St...I would rather pass.
If the only black-eye on Fran's record in the first few years is Hubbard, I will take that 100% of the time.
Iowa won games under Alford, but there was no integrity in the program by the time he left. This carried over under Lickliter and he had no clue how to change that.
In just over a year, Fran has one of Iowa's best recruiting classes in a very, very long time. Connected with a fanbase that loves what he does and how he handles this program.
There are still issues with the Iowa program, but Fran can't make everything happen all at once. It takes time and the 2010 - 2012 classes along with the staff's ability to develop players is going to get Iowa back to respectability and the NCAA tournament. Here is the difference of what he is doing that the two previous coaches couldn't do, retain players and recruit good freshman and not try and rely on transfers. Iowa is being built for the long term, not a short run every two or three years.
The ticket sales being flat is not a real surprise, there should be a huge increase when the local kid Woodbury hits campus, that is the other thing this 2012 class will be doing, creating a lot of excitement.

Latest posts