Tiara

AIRHAWK

Boring Thursday Night in early March? Go over to Bruin Nation and read up on their coach...LMAO they call him Tiara. Great entertainment.

The Fraud will eventually have to high tail it to a place like Detroit Mercy, and he'll sell it as a step up.

Alford has a pretty good recruiting class coming in next year, but we all know how this is going to end. Alford will get fired in a couple of years, Mark Few will turn the job down for the 20th time and UCLA will get desperate and hire i do not know, Luke Walton. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

This does make me wonder what will happen when Fran's kids are on the team. Can you imagine what will happen, specifically on HN, should they be anything less than all americans?

If they should play and the team loses, the narrative will be that Fran is favoring his kids. It's almost a no win situation.

Now to the subject of the open letter. I remember how giddy they were when they scored this awesome coach (with the awesome hair) and we all said, "You love him now, just wait." I love saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I just hope they won't be saying the same thing about Fran and his sons in a few years. Personally, I thought Ferentz favored his boys.

one of his boys is on the current team. how does favoritism work again?

both of the older brothers have collected/are collecting NFL money. i think that is an indication that they can play the game.

I like Fran. I haven't heard any stories about his ego or other nonsense. And something tells me he won't hesitate to yank one of his kids if they don't do what he wants. I could be wrong about that, so we'll have to wait and see. Alfraud is an absolute train wreck of a human being. I haven't heard anyone say that about Fran.

dude is poison everywhere he goes, except for the blind people at new mexico who have a shrine devoted to him I think

One site has nickname suggestions:
1. Steve Al-turd - (because his coaching is like a piece of s*it)
2. Bryce's ***** - (self explanatory)
3. The Hoosier Loser - (why not?)
4. Steve Al-fraud - (because like our motto, he Never Should have been hired)
5. Steve Awful - (it's the truth)

Here's one place where they reference "tiara" two years ago:

tiara3.0.png

You thought we were kidding, but reality can be a bitter pill.After Steve Alford led his team to a loss against Oregon State this past weekend, you would think most people, and especially most Bruins who have any sense of what UCLA Basketball should be, would understand the depths of the disaster unveiling in Westwood.
But we've been around and we know better. And Nestor told you all to brace yourselves for the excuses.
For here comes the Legion of Losers, charging back to be heard and impose its pathetic standards of mediocrity onto the most decorated program in the history of college basketball.
They have taken on various forms and names, from Dorrellistas to Howlers and Neubs. I don't think we have quite settled on a name for this new breed, some calling them Alfies, others going with Alfalfas. Given the TIARA nickname, we have also seen Princesses, or Pageant Queens. It doesn't matter, they're all losers.
They don't last a minute on BN because their arguments (if they have any, other than "this is my opinion, respect it!") are so pathetic that they don't stand up to proper reasoning. Instead, they scurry on to our Facebook page to impart their wisdom. What is absolutely hilarious is that we had these exact same comments on the prior occasions with other coaches whom we criticized, to the point where, if taken out of context, you literally could not tell which coach they were defending.
So without further ado, here are some prime samples of the sad state of affairs. Of course, identities were hidden to protect the losers innocents, because this stuff is sure to get your blood boiling.
The "He's a Bruin" fallacy
I think the writer(s) for this blog should be slightly more supportive and slightly less biased against alford. He's currently the coach of this team whether you like it or not. He's a Bruin now. Show some love.
Come on people, show some love. You all worked your butt off and paid tuition to go to school. Alford is getting paid millions to be here, show him some love for crying out loud.
The Wooden fallacy + Patience fallacy
I loved this exchange:
- He's a Hoosier. Never will be a Bruin.
- By your logic, Wooden was a Boilermaker. Give him time.
Wooden built a program from scratch and created an unmatchable legacy, while Alford snuck in after the glory. They are the same! Give Alford time to prove that he's just as mediocre as his record suggests! Here's a hint for the morons: it's not UCLA that makes the coach great.
The "Players Know Best" fallacy
I will always support Bruin student athletes, and because of that, I will support their coach until the players publicly express that they do not like their coach.
That happens all the time! Players like to come out in public against their coach because it's not like they're worried about retribution or anything like that. Come on, the players have a lot of say with the Morgan Center, Guerrero really cares!
The Alternate Reality fallacy
Ridicules!! If Jordan Adams and Zach LaVine weren't so brutal yesterday Bruins win. BN is a joke!
And if my aunt had balls she'd be...well, you know. What's a joke is the way "ridiculous" is spelled. Now that's funny.
The "Coach Can't Play For Them" fallacy
and to be clear just how many bad shots did Coach Alford miss and just how many bad passes did he make agaIn?...
or
Like quarterbacks ..coaches get too much credit and too much blame ..players win games.. He wasn't outcoached the players were outplayed
Oh I so would want these guys to be athletic directors somewhere, just so I could get hired. I'd never get fired! In any sport! Fire the players!
The Propaganda fallacy
Dude, you are becoming a propagandist, AGAINST Alford and no more. It's rather pathetic. You need to grow up.
First of all, I didn't know that propaganda was child's play. I mean, that'd be a seriously messed up kid. "Peas are an abomination and stunt growth". "Cookies are an essential part of a healthy diet". But more seriously, if you actually used your UCLA education, you would know that propaganda is a form of communication whose intent is to sway the opinion of the community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. We're still waiting for the other side of the argument though, so unfortunately for you, what we are communicating is the Truth.
Just for LOLz
btw the way BALFORD had a better game at OSU than your boy LAVINE...humm...maybe the kid can play some after all...just sayin"
Give it a rest. Alford plays defense AND offense. And he does both well.
He is a PG... lavine and Powell are not
I swear, these are actual comments, I did not make them up.
Anyway, you get the idea. The most hilarious part of all of this is that many of the commenters who complain about the "negativity" on BN seem to comment on every post...by complaining. Hypocrisy aside, it really makes you wonder why some people continue to read the blog.

Brace yourselves folks. We have a few more years of this.

Another:

As we are all depressingly aware by now, Dan Guerrero added one more year to Steve Alford's contract. The news was released late Friday, presumably to minimize the noise potential. We now have both contracts, so we can see what else changed. And our esteemed AD was able to correct one embarrassing glitch in the prior contract. Surely a small price to pay for one more year of #Daddyball. TWEET SHARE (6) PIN

We have the original contract provisions for TIARA, courtesy of the Los Angeles Times.And we have the extension provisions, courtesy of the Daily Bruin.
Let's see what changed. First, as we all know, TIARA's contract was extended by one year, from 4/30/20 to 4/30/21. Perhaps by coincidence, Doughnut turns 70 (retirement?) in 2021.
In the original contract, Doughnut provided a bonus of $10,000 to TIARA if UCLA Baskeball hit a target Academic Progress Rate (APR) score of 925. As it turns out (as was well documented before last year,) the minimum APR to avoid sanctions (loss of scholarships/postseason eligibility) from the NCAA is 930. So UCLA could have been thrown into the penalty box for academic failure, while TIARA cashed a check for a job well done. This has now been fixed. For TIARA to receive the academic bonus check, the basketball program will have to hit a target of ....930. We obviously can't expect the highest paid employee in the UC system to demand academic results in excess of the bare minimum to avoid sanctions. And we obviously can't expect the highest paid employee in the UC system to demand academic results in excess of the bare minimum as part of his base compensation. No, he needs a bonus to pay attention. So cash for 930, here we come.
We certainly would not want to face a TIARA-less future. What would happen to our basketball program? So, if TIARA bails, the buyout levels are extended one year under the new contract. For example, under the original contract, if TIARA bailed before 4/30/16, his buyout payment to the university would be $10.4 million. Now that $10.4 million is applicable if he bails before 4/30/17. Likewise for the $7.8 million payment (was before 4/30/17, now before 4/30/18) and the $5.2 million payment (was before 4/30/18, now before 4/30/19). Interestingly, there actually was more thought for this provision by TIARA if not by Doughnut. In the original contract, if TIARA walked after 4/30/18 and before 4/30/19 (one year before the original contract date), TIARA's payment to the university would be $2.6 million. This provision was not extended to 4/30/20. Instead, if TIARA bails after 4/30/19 and before 4/30/20, TIARA only owes whatever he makes above $2 million, with a max payment of $1 million. Like I said, TIARA thought this through, even if Doughnut may have missed it.
And, as would be expected with Doughnut at the helm, the amount to buy out TIARA just went up as well, under the contract extension. Before, TIARA would receive $10.4 million, payable in equal monthly installments through 4/20 if he was terminated before 4/30/16. Now TIARA receives the $10.4 million, payable in equal monthly installments through 4/21 if he is terminated before 4/30/17. The $7.8 million severance now applies to a termination before 4/30/18, instead of 4/30/17. The $5.2 million severance now applies to a termination before 4/30/19, instead of 4/30/18. The $2.6 million severance now applies to a termination before 4/30/20, instead of 4/30/19. In other words, for every year after 4/30/16, TIARA's severance payment just went up by $2.6 million. OUCH.

So Doughnut was able to squeeze TIARA by forcing UCLA Men's Basketball to hit minimum NCAA standards before he gets an incentive payment of $10,000 for academic achievement. And all TIARA got was an extra $2.6 million every year if he is terminated after 4/30/16, and an extra year on his contract. Well done, Doughnut.

I like Fran. I haven't heard any stories about his ego or other nonsense. And something tells me he won't hesitate to yank one of his kids if they don't do what he wants. I could be wrong about that, so we'll have to wait and see. Alfraud is an absolute train wreck of a human being. I haven't heard anyone say that about Fran.

He might be a train wreck of a coach but how do you know he's a train wreck of a human being? Seems a little harsh.

one of his boys is on the current team. how does favoritism work again?

both of the older brothers have collected/are collecting NFL money. i think that is an indication that they can play the game.

Nepotism! Lol.

One of those favorites just played in a super bowl....I think I'd favor him too.

[/B]

He might be a train wreck of a coach but how do you know he's a train wreck of a human being? Seems a little harsh.

Ummmm..........What???????? This is where i point out that you must not be a real Iowa fan because real Iowa fans are fully educated on the facts of my comment. Either that or you are too new at being an Iowa fan to know the history.

Latest posts