Thug U?

So you expect a coach to commit a recruiting violation? That's absurd.

If you don't think the coaches get things out there then you are absurd. How do you think Chris Williams pretty much knew ISU was gonna sign NN and had no shot at Dialo? There are channels to get out the info you want out as a coaching staff.

You specifically said a coach or someone in the media.

And by the way, those media guys report things like offers and who the staff is recruiting. They've reported a bunch of stuff and that would include a guy who cyclone fans are at least aware of.

If you don't think the coaches get things out there then you are absurd. How do you think Chris Williams pretty much knew ISU was gonna sign NN and had no shot at Dialo? There are channels to get out the info you want out as a coaching staff.

NN was kind of obvious to everyone if you followed him on twitter the last 3 months.

Cyfans are now pulling for a guy who is supposed to be good. Don't worry about that armed robbery thing.

I get what you are saying, but you guys are ignoring Anythony Hubbard....who until he left on his own was brought on to campus to start the following year. Fran even had Barta's approval to bring him to campus. A lot of your fan base was skeptical but most quickly got behind him. Of course he left before he stepped foot on the floor, but he was apart of the program for awhile. Let's face it, neither program is a blue blood so sometimes you have to take risks.

I get what you are saying, but you guys are ignoring Anythony Hubbard....who until he left on his own was brought on to campus to start the following year. Fran even had Barta's approval to bring him to campus. A lot of your fan base was skeptical but most quickly got behind him. Of course he left before he stepped foot on the floor, but he was apart of the program for awhile. Let's face it, neither program is a blue blood so sometimes you have to take risks.
I think people should get second chances once they've proven to be over the problems they had. I would not get behind taking a player straight out of court/prison, no matter what the coach/AD said. No matter how good he was. I didn't think Hubbard was worth the risk and stated as much. It didn't work out but it wasn't the result of another legal issue. The ISU/player in question seems to have kept his nose clean for a few years since the armed robbery. I have no problem with him getting a second chance but he would be on a short leash.

You're 100% right. And, for those that don't know, there is a difference between NAIA D-1 and D-2. This kid played D-2. That would be similar to playing at a top 4A HS in Iowa. Any ranked HS in the nation would kill the typical D-2 school. It's really pretty bad basketball.

You're crazy if you think a top HS team in Iowa is on the same level as D-2.

Why would a Clown fan hate Da Mayor??

What are you talking about? He's totally a Hawk fan, just look at his name!

Hopefully this kids mental issues are behind him and he has a solid career. Weird that so few schools had an offer out on an available top 100 recruit this late in the game.

ISU is always taking such risks. IA does only occasionally. This is known on a national level so it's really hard to deny that fact. Now there's nothing wrong with giving players second chances. In some ways it's even admirable. But there are reasons why such players are risks. There are also those that want these players to succeed a little too much, ignoring or covering up lines they may cross. This is why most coaches don't want to go there too often.

In regards to the thread. Glass houses anyone? I'm not looking forward to the next time some young man or woman from Iowa gets into legal trouble, I guarantee it'll happen, and we have to hear about how many thugs there are at Iowa.

In regards to the thread. Glass houses anyone? I'm not looking forward to the next time some young man or woman from Iowa gets into legal trouble, I guarantee it'll happen, and we have to hear about how many thugs there are at Iowa.

You guarantee it will happen? You a ******* snitch or something?

Latest posts