Throwing beers?

Fizzer

In following this Iowa/ISU band story, I’ve seen a lot of ISU fans complaining about having full beers thrown at their heads while in Iowa City.

I’m not necessarily questioning their stories, I’ve just never seen anything like that happen while tailgating — even though I’ve seen plenty of other craziness at student tailgates and generally around Melrose.

But I’m mostly just curious... have other people witnessed this supposed trend of throwing beers at opposing fans?

In following this Iowa/ISU band story, I’ve seen a lot of ISU fans complaining about having full beers thrown at their heads while in Iowa City.

I’m not necessarily questioning their stories, I’ve just never seen anything like that happen while tailgating — even though I’ve seen plenty of other craziness at student tailgates and generally around Melrose.

But I’m mostly just curious... have other people witnessed this supposed trend of throwing beers at opposing fans?

They throw pies, slide on muddy fields, why would they not throw beers at innocent U of I band members? They are clowns after all.

tumblr_nfx2dyZ6b51u0zuyso1_400.gif

Hey, throw some of those full beers my way next game. I get a little dry in the second half. I'll even try to find an ISU shirt...no, too far.

Most of the clown fan stories about getting beers thrown at them at Kinnick are made up. One poster at clown fanatic said he personally endured beer cans to the head being tossed at him from the tailgate busses in the parking lot outside of Kinnick. Probably should do a little research before making a story up.

Ive seen it once, but that was after a clown fan talked crap to a large tailgate who had had plenty of sauce. Cans were thrown his way to make him flee before he got beat up.

Latest posts