Three media outlets are reporting...

Didn't Pearl take his name out back when Alford left saying he and his family are happy at Tenn? Well now his family is older and he's gone through a divorce. It's probably a pipe-dream but it could make sense.

There is one on the Tennessee scout site. Most say there is no way Iowa can afford him or out bid them

Yeah the thread that I posted started with a bunch of "NO WAY'S" and then you could tell when they thought of the possibility of offering him $3 mill. they started to get a little nervous.

Also noticed that Pearl isn't a fan favorite for many. Could be that they lost to Kentucky recently, but I thought that was interesting.

LMAO!!!

I liked the earlier comment about Tirrel being an electrical outlet-but that would be giving him allot of credit he doesn't deserve. More like a lightning rod. Everytime he opens his mouth he's asking to be struck.

Cotlar should've struck him last year...that would've been some cat fight...

We dont get many recruits from Illinois anyways do we?

Thats one of the main problems.

Kevin Gamble, Ed Horton, Ray Thompson, Acie Earl, Rodell Davis, Joey range, Pierre pierce, J.R. koch, Micheal Ingram, James winters. Just some off the top of my head. Cully Payne is from the Land of Lincoln.

It needs to come back into play for Iowa basketball to move forward.

Thats one of the main problems.

Kevin Gamble, Ed Horton, Ray Thompson, Acie Earl, Rodell Davis, Joey range, Pierre pierce, J.R. koch, Micheal Ingram, James winters. Just some off the top of my head. Cully Payne is from the Land of Lincoln.

It needs to come back into play for Iowa basketball to move forward.

Catapult the rapist back over the river and you have yourself a damn good team!

Pat Harty also said yesterday on KCJJ that possible candidates could be:

Ben Howland, Jay Wright and Jamie Dixon.

He is obviously high so i dont think we should rely on him. Take out Marty T who probably read it on a message board and we are right back to where we have been all week: a premium pay site message board rumor

Exactly

Freddy do think Bruce would have trouble recruiting the state of Illinois with what happened in the past? Meaning that the high school coaches or the AAU coaches would make it difficult on him?

That would be my only concern with Bruce Pearl, if Iowa were to actually pull this off.

I believe the state of Illinois is so important to Iowa basketball for recruiting for the future of this program.

I don't think we'd be shut out of Illinois. The CPL, maybe. I think Bruce recruited some kids out of Illinois when he was at UWM.

We were told 3 years ago that Pearl was "definately" coming back to Iowa. I suppose if you dig a big enough hole, there will be many folks who want to jump in.

I would sure love to attract a top notch coach. I would be so excited and energized. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

We were? I don't recall hearing that except perhaps from some overeager posters.

Pat Harty also said yesterday on KCJJ that possible candidates could be:

Ben Howland, Jay Wright and Jamie Dixon.

He is obviously high so i dont think we should rely on him. Take out Marty T who probably read it on a message board and we are right back to where we have been all week: a premium pay site message board rumor

The premium pay site report was by the admin, not some schlub like you and me. :)

If we do get Pearl...is there any chance that the NCAA grants Tyler Smith a hardship for this year and gives him a redshirt so Pearl can bring him with him to Iowa?

I don't think there is much chance that we get Pearl...but it's because of the actions of Iowa fans over the last decade and the way that they have supported this program and treated its coaches.

For those who think there is absolutely no chance that we can get Pearl...keep in mind that Cael Sanderson left his alma mater where he was a legend and the program was probably the second best in the nation (or at least top 5)...and went to a program that is middle of the Big Ten with very little tradition and he had absolutely no ties to the University...and it was reported to have been all about the money.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Tennessee must match whatever they give to Pearl with Pat Summit...do they really want to give their women's basketball coach $3MM per?

Latest posts