Thoughts on the Insight Bowl are you excited or not?

I'm not looking forward to the game but I will watch every last second because I'm a die-hard fan. Here's my rationale on why we will lose and it comes straight from coach's mouth:

From hawkeyeinsider.com

EXTRA POINTS: Coach Ferentz said on Monday that he didn’t expect any casualties when final semester grades are released on Tuesday…The likelihood of Iowa and Missouri meeting again during the regular season in the near future is not good with the potential for a nine-game Big Ten schedule and Iowa State already on the Hawkeye docket, Ferentz said…The Iowa coach said not to expect anything different from them in their three phases of football Tuesday despite late-season struggles - “We won't be any different offensively or defensively in terms of our schemes, special teams.”

We won't be doing anything different offensively or defensively!!!!...why would we want to confuse the opposition because by winning... we might make them feel bad and we wouldn't want that.

Not too excited when I'm pretty sure we're gonna get rolled for the first time in 3 years. This is a bad matchup for the Hawks.

I think the word I want to use to describe my feelings toward this game is uncertainty. With everything that has gone on, I'm not sure if the team from the Minnesota game shows up or if these seniors are ready to go out on a high note.

I'm excited. Iowa hasn't lost by more than a touchdown since 2007. I don't see any reason why Missouri will blow out Iowa. And as much negativity has been directed towards the coaching staff, they are very good when it comes to bowl prep. The only thing I'm negative about is getting up for work Wednesday morning :(

Well it is watching Iowa football so that at least peaks the interest from a fan perspective. Playing against a top 15 opponent still gets attention. If a W were to be had against Mizzou it will not make up for the crappy season, but it would help to move things further. Excitement factor 7 out of 10.

I've watched every bowl games Iowa has played except the first two and attended the last five. I like the matchup and the Insight Bowl game is one I always said I would go to. I am still a supporter of KF and like the players on the team. But witnessing the lack of emotion in the Minny game and losing to one of the worst teams in college football has left a bad taste in my mouth. This on top of one of the worst 2 minute offenses in the country and the coaching staff being beat by Wisky on a play a JH coach would be prepared for has not got me excited. I will watch game but the emotion is lacking.

I'm actually pumped up for it. When I walked away from TCF Bank stadium about a month ago I had no desire to watch another Hawk game again this season, but as time passed and the gap grew larger between that disaster in Minny and today, my interest grew as well. I'm looking forward to seeing if the senior class wants to put a final exclamation point on their careers.

I'm actually pumped up for it. When I walked away from TCF Bank stadium about a month ago I had no desire to watch another Hawk game again this season, but as time passed and the gap grew larger between that disaster in Minny and today, my interest grew as well. I'm looking forward to seeing if the senior class wants to put a final exclamation point on their careers.

This. How can you not be pumped for this game?! We have to wait 9 months till the next one. Soak it up while you can, boys!

I honestly have to admit this is the least amount of attention I have paid toward a bowl game involving Iowa. I will be absolutely be screaming my head off and rooting for the team, but my excitement level has just not been there.

I'm jumping up and down excited. I've watched every bowl game ( including the two in the 50's) but this is the first one I've attended. It was rough in the 50's, watching Iowa on a 12" round black and white screen.

I guess the fact that while busy, (I always am), this is the first time since 12/14 I have been logged in to HN... indicates my excitement level is just not there. I will still watch intently, but my expectations are more in line with reality. I hope we get the chance to see the "good" Iowa team for all 60 minutes. The late start/finish sure doesn't help matters!

Even in last years Orange Bowl win we didn't finish them off when given opportunities. It just gets old. I hope we're ready. I think KF will have us ready, just worried what happens if we get 10+ points down...Missouri will be fired up. I'll say 20-17 Iowa.

Was excited to see this match up. Lived in St. Louis and grew to really dislike Mizzou while living there. Looking for the Hawks to play a full game and beat the Tigers. Our defense will really need to step up!

I'm excited. Iowa hasn't lost by more than a touchdown since 2007. I don't see any reason why Missouri will blow out Iowa. And as much negativity has been directed towards the coaching staff, they are very good when it comes to bowl prep. The only thing I'm negative about is getting up for work Wednesday morning :(

This. People predicting a 3 TD loss surprise me (and I hope I get to point a finger at them tomorrow and laugh at their stupidity).

I'm not as excited as I have been in past years. Part of me is thrilled to see guys like Stanzi and Clayborn in a Hawkeye jersey again. Part of me wants to turn the page on this chapter and see what next year holds. That said, I've taken tomorrow off of work and the beer and food are ready to go tonight.

I am very excited for this game. Its Hawk Football Baby! GO HAWKS Regardless of what happened this year and all the end of season negativity I see a Hawk blowout. Im gona say 35-14 Iowa. Missouri only scores because of special teams other than that our defense shuts them down. Missouri is horrible and Iowa is gona beat em up. GO HAWKS ps has the 2011 season started yet

I am definitely excited. It's an Iowa football game! I completely agree with the OP and the interest in seeing if KF can get the team ready to play. I personally think they will. A win tonight will salvage a lot from this disappointing season.

Latest posts