Thoughts on QB coach

It has been refreshing to see changes being made instead of just ignoring the problems. With the 10th assistant being added I don't think there is any reason your offensive or defensive coordinator should be also coaching a position. Let them game plan and organize their specific side of the ball.

I am also all for guys like Drew Tate and Marvin McNutt coming back and coaching, but they need to take the GA route like everyone else. There have been a ton of examples across the board in sports of former players who were great on the field and mediocre as a coach. I am not saying that would be the case for Drew and Marvin, actually think they would be great additions to the staff!

The interesting thing to watch will be if Brian is filling the openings with guys he wants or is ol man Kirk is looking for a new crop of "YES men"... I think Brian makes the call here

You really think Brian is just a "Yes" man to the old man. Other than overall philosophy, and some basic scheme, such as we are not a spread team, he will have it out with Pops. Its as much his team now as it is the Old Mans and he is the future and this is the beginning of the end for the Old Man and Pops don't want to screw this up for the kid.

You really think Brian is just a "Yes" man to the old man. Other than overall philosophy, and some basic scheme, such as we are not a spread team, he will have it out with Pops. Its as much his team now as it is the Old Mans and he is the future and this is the beginning of the end for the Old Man and Pops don't want to screw this up for the kid.

Didn't say Brian was a "Yes" man, far from it... My hope is that Brian is in charge of the offensive hires so we won't have a new crop of Kirk's "Yes" men. Agree there is no way he hinders Brian's chances to be successful.

Kurt Warner has a hard on for Iowa because he wasn't offered a scholarship. He used to ask my friend at the Barnstormers when Kurt was in St. Louis, "Where is Matt Sherrnan now?"
Legit. Hall of Famers play with a chip. You can't get where he got, take the path he took, without a chip. Tacklin' fuel! Lol That being said, Warner doesn't seem the type to hold it against someone. I think if he was legitimately interested in something like that he would inquire. He tweeted something the other day at BF about a qb coach opening. What a perfect fit for Iowa. Recruiting trail excitement. I'd piss myself twice if it were to happen.

We need to figure out WR coach ASAP. I believe Martin is waiting to see who Iowa tabs for his position coach before making his final decision. My fear is we are going after a coach for a NFL playoff team. Which means a deal won't be inked until the teams season is done and it may cost us on Martin.

I'm all in for Raih. I like a guy that works hard and comes up through the ranks. The man has goals and is willing to dedicate himself to those goals. He's young and hungry too, and right now he's doing pretty well in one of the better NFL organizations.

Latest posts