Those Who Said Defenses Will Press Iowa

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Illinois didn't press, but they certainly extended their D... and it worked.

Look for that to be the type of thing non-pressing teams do.

So, yes, you guys who thought other teams would press were sort of right.
While teams might not put the press on, they are absolutely increasing the on-ball pressure. Something that will choke Iowa.

Illinois didn't press, but they certainly extended their D... and it worked.

Look for that to be the type of thing non-pressing teams do.

So, yes, you guys who thought other teams would press were sort of right.
While teams might not put the press on, they are absolutely increasing the on-ball pressure. Something that will choke Iowa.

Teams should pressure Iowa for this reason below (direct quote from Devin Bawinkle article)

In his first season with the Hawkeyes, Bawinkel started nine games and made eight 3-pointers in a game, one short of the school record. But Bawinkel has been less effective this season, Lickliter said, because of Iowa’s inability to create from the point-guard spot. Bawinkel averages 3.6 points and 17.9 minutes per game. All of his 44 shots this season have come from behind the 3-point line, where he has made 16.

“I wish we could find him some more open shots,’’ Lickliter said. “One thing that helps Devan is if somebody can break down the defense. This year, we’ve been struggling to find that individual.’’

Iowa has no ball handlers who pose a threat for playing pressure D. Why not pressure Iowa, they don't make you pay.

It is really hard to stay positive at this point. My hope is that Marble is the diamond in the rough next year. Burst scores but his is short and I don't want to get my hopes up. Not all 3 start recruits are created equally as Jake Kelly showed some guys just have the ability to break guys down off the dribble. I don't care how a single recruit next year is ranked I want to watch them play and see if ANYONE has the ability to put the ball on the floor and break down a defender.

Spank I am with you that I think Lick should get a 4th full year and go from there. If one of the recruits looks to be an instant difference maker typle player I will be more for giving Lick a 5th year, if he proves he can recruit players.

And now are only claim to prominence, strength of schedule, has taken a hit. Michigan is actually ahead of us this morning (as are 52 other teams, mostly from non-BCS conferences).

Latest posts