Thomas Gilman 2012 recruit...

Gilman is a tough wrestler but that is a tough recruiting class and weight to want to be a Hawkeye. There are at least 6 legit D1 prospects at 125/133 in next years junior class in the state of Iowa alone with Cory Clark, Dylan Peters, John Meeks, Jack Hathaway, Eric Devos, and Topher Carton.

Gilman is a career 125 and is better than any of the instate kids mentioned above, he is going to blow up this summer.

Gilman is a tough wrestler but that is a tough recruiting class and weight to want to be a Hawkeye. There are at least 6 legit D1 prospects at 125/133 in next years junior class in the state of Iowa alone with Cory Clark, Dylan Peters, John Meeks, Jack Hathaway, Eric Devos, and Topher Carton.

Heard of all of them except Carton, whats his bio?

I would say Eric Devos, Jack Hathaway, Dylan Peters and Topher Carton aren't on the same level as John Meeks, Cory Clark and Thomas Gilman.

Just my opinion.

Yes they are, but they are still evaluating 2012 prospects. The summer circuit will be huge for evaluation.

I would say Eric Devos, Jack Hathaway, Dylan Peters and Topher Carton aren't on the same level as John Meeks, Cory Clark and Thomas Gilman.

Just my opinion.

I agree, and I wouldn't have Hathaway listed in the group at all. He's a solid wrestler but not for a list of D1 recruits.

Well, usafhawk. How do you know gilman is better? Has he wrestled any of these in state kids? I don't think so.

Yes he has and he has beaten Clark in freestyle and I have worked with many of these kids so I have seen them personally. I am not the only one who thinks Gilman is better either. Gilman was the Cadet Freestyle National Champion in Fargo last year (2010) it was worded funny in the article.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUL7wHTew48[/ame]

Last edited:
Gilman is a career 125 and is better than any of the instate kids mentioned above, he is going to blow up this summer.

And by saying he is going to blow up......you mean exactly what?

Going to gain weight? Going to do really, really well wrestling at Fargo or ?

I meant as a recruit, as career 125's are very tough to find and are hot commodities.

Thank you. That makes sense. And i never would have guessed that meaning.

You could have given me 10 guesses and still walked away with all my money...:(

I agree, he is very good and he likes to get after it. I'd like to see us get both him and Clark and beef Clark up to 133. If we can nab one or two of the others for depth/competition/insurance is would be frosting on the cake.

:DGilman might have beaten clark in "freestyle" but he didn't beat him in folkstyle. Over the summer, St.john beat taylor, 3-0, 3-2, and lost, 5-2. Taylor turns around and beats St.john, 3-2, 0-1, and 1-1. When they wrestle tomorrow , We'll probably see the difference between freestyle and folkstyle when it comes to points scored and who is the better wrestler.

I have seen both Gilman and Clark in competition, in the practice room and off the mat quite a few times. Gilman is the more complete wrestler at this stage and he handles his business on and off the mat, he lives the lifestyle and has the same goals that Iowa looks for in recruits. His results nationally are not a mistake and in my mind along with several others Gilman would be Clark whether it was Folk or Free. That being said Clark has the potential to be a very good college wrestler and could become the better of the two, we shall see.

I have seen both Gilman and Clark in competition, in the practice room and off the mat quite a few times. Gilman is the more complete wrestler at this stage and he handles his business on and off the mat, he lives the lifestyle and has the same goals that Iowa looks for in recruits. His results nationally are not a mistake and in my mind along with several others Gilman would be Clark whether it was Folk or Free. That being said Clark has the potential to be a very good college wrestler and could become the better of the two, we shall see.

USAF,

Make sure you get in the staffs ear on Gilman. :) From the footage i have seen he is someone we don't want to let get away. I think we have plenty of room for both him and Clark. I have seen Gilman listed as being from Iowa. Does he live in CB and cross the border to attend Skutt?

Latest posts