This will take some getting used to

InGoodCo

DkKWrsnW4AEbeMn.jpg:large

So will Kinnick be louder because of this? It certainly is higher and seems more imposing.

Wow, much higher up. If I walked up the steps from the ground all the way up, I'd probably pass out by the time I made it to the top.

yeah, if you ever see me climbing stairs or riding something I have to peddle with wheels? Just suspect that it's like a situation from those "Saw" movies where if I stop I blow up or lose a hand or something.

So am I hearing correct, the only thing that won't be finished with the new north endzone stands by the first game September 1st is the scoreboard?

So am I hearing correct, the only thing that won't be finished with the new north endzone stands by the first game September 1st is the scoreboard?

No, none of the suites will be completed, nor the restrooms, or concession stands, if I recall. I can't remember if they will have porta-johns in that area or mobile concessions stands, but I don't believe so. I thought the scoreboard would be done, but maybe I'm incorrect.

Hell yes it will be louder! To be quite honest, that picture doesn't do the size justice. In person it's much more imposing.
I heard a rumor that they are going to add really bright strobe lights to the club area and that those will be turned on whenever the opposing team is on offense. So the QB will have to deal with them when trying to pass if they are driving that way and the WRs will have to deal with them when they turn to make a catch if they are going the other way. It's honestly the best idea I've heard from our athletic department in years.

No, none of the suites will be completed, nor the restrooms, or concession stands, if I recall. I can't remember if they will have porta-johns in that area or mobile concessions stands, but I don't believe so. I thought the scoreboard would be done, but maybe I'm incorrect.
Are they requiring the full $1900 donation plus ticket prices for this year even though the facilities aren't complete? Was this disclosed going in? I would probably blow a gasket if I dropped that much coin on seats and had to piss in a porta potty and couldn't go inside to warm up and grab a beer.

Great, then all those fans will be hoarding my bathroom location. I'm press box side, 35 yrd line north end-zone. Maybe I'll bring a couple plastic bottles to piss in, hope the people around me won't mind.

Geez, imagine if they used that sort of design for the South End Zone...as if Kinnick wasn't intimidating enough! Hard to believe they built it that big and managed to reduce the seating.

Are they requiring the full $1900 donation plus ticket prices for this year even though the facilities aren't complete? Was this disclosed going in? I would probably blow a gasket if I dropped that much coin on seats and had to piss in a porta potty and couldn't go inside to warm up and grab a beer.

I have no idea. I was under the impression that box seats won't be available this year, so I don't know if they have accepted any payments for those seats. I would imagine anyone committed enough to drop that kind of coin, is probable being taken care of. I was mainly talking about the common proles, that would have dump in portos.

Geez, imagine if they used that sort of design for the South End Zone...as if Kinnick wasn't intimidating enough! Hard to believe they built it that big and managed to reduce the seating.

Wait until the ticket demand gets high enough and they close in the corners! That's when it will get REAL loud. I know they have the ability to do that, as it's been mentioned before. At least in the south endzone, I know they can.

Wait until the ticket demand gets high enough and they close in the corners! That's when it will get REAL loud. I know they have the ability to do that, as it's been mentioned before. At least in the south endzone, I know they can.

The problem is as much in the flat pitch...as the open corners. But that would help.

I still don't get what's with the huge exit tunnels in the new North End Zone.

Last edited:
It sure will help being louder than not louder. Anything going up straighter and with different levels I think would be a little louder. I really like the looks of it.

They really did a nice job with it. In addition, they kind of filled the corners in the best they could. You can see each level stretches to the side more. I could see them doing the S endzone just the same at some point and Kinnick would be quite intimidating, or should I say even more. Really nice.

With that height it should be much louder, especially once they put up the videoboard. Add some high powered speakers at that end and point them to the opposing bench and it will be quite imposing.

It's also going to be interesting to see what happens to the "wind currents" at that end. It should certainly reduce the effect of a north wind but you may see some swirling effect also.

Last edited:

Latest posts