This website is great

DuffMan

I know it's early, and undoubtedly some of the things that plague other sites will find thier way here... but I gotta say thanks again Jon for putting this up here.

It's so nice to be able to go to one website and find out everything I need to know about what's going on without having to sift through the fire everyone, my sistser brothers cousings podiatrist heard, pot stirring, tolling garbage.

This is awsome.

Thanks guys...we have a lot of work yet to go, some finishing touches, some additions, some new ideas that I dont think have been tried before...and I appreciate everyone giving us a shot

Plus 1 for me on all of the great comments people are posting about the site. I am already in a habit of visiting this site 1st EVERY time i open an internet browser. I just hope it doesnt get me fired!

Posting all of the hawkeye related links at the start of the day is awesome. Thanks for this great free site Jon

Trolls? Hopefully not meaning people with unpopular beliefs. Obviously a forum should be about welcoming different ideas no matter how unpopular. That being said, I think my own opinions fall in line a good 90% of the time. But most of the fun of a debate is that someone might have a different opinion and defend that opinion in fun and ingenious ways. And I extend the congratulations to Jon D Miller as well.....an excellent way to share the joy of being a Hawkeye fan!

Trolls? Hopefully not meaning people with unpopular beliefs. Obviously a forum should be about welcoming different ideas no matter how unpopular. That being said, I think my own opinions fall in line a good 90% of the time. But most of the fun of a debate is that someone might have a different opinion and defend that opinion in fun and ingenious ways. And I extend the congratulations to Jon D Miller as well.....an excellent way to share the joy of being a Hawkeye fan!

A troll isn't someone with an unpopular belief...it's a person who says inflamatory things just to be a D-bag...for instance, an unpopular belief would be "Jim Zabel wasn't a great play by play guy." while a troll post would be "Jim Zabel sucked and you're stupid for making him an icon!"

See the difference?

QUESTION: I apologize if this was written somewhere, but if I was set up on an automatic withdrawal for my payment to the old site do I need to cancel it if I don't want to pay for scout.com?

Thanks Jon. I have never posted on a forum before. But I like what I have been reading on this one.

QUESTION: I apologize if this was written somewhere, but if I was set up on an automatic withdrawal for my payment to the old site do I need to cancel it if I don't want to pay for scout.com?

I think Rob and Brian, et al will do a great job at Scout. However, if you feel that you no longer wish to incur that expense, you would need to notify Scout.

A troll isn't someone with an unpopular belief...it's a person who says inflamatory things just to be a D-bag...for instance, an unpopular belief would be "Jim Zabel wasn't a great play by play guy." while a troll post would be "Jim Zabel sucked and you're stupid for making him an icon!"

See the difference?

Yeah what Shane said

Those of you who haven't checked out the blog functions really should. It is a great opportunity if you like to freeform in a way that doesn't quite conform to the short give/take of the forum format.

Jon obviously has alot of experience in websites, but it's absolutely sick that this site is this involved, updated and rolling this fast. Huge kudos Mr. Miller you had me at 'I'm going on my own.'

Jon obviously has alot of experience in websites, but it's absolutely sick that this site is this involved, updated and rolling this fast. Huge kudos Mr. Miller you had me at 'I'm going on my own.'

LOL

I said the same to my wife when she has asked 'How are things going?'

I told her that I had high expectations, but that they were shattered. I will share some week one numbers on Monday morning...and if we didnt get one more hit or one more unique visitor to this site for the next 36 hours, it will have blown away my lofty goals for the first week.

But that is way more about the passion of Iowa fans than anything we have done...and I am truly, truly grateful that so many people have at least visited and checked out the site...and to those of you that are actively posting on the site, and making these boards look like a site that has been around for years with regards to the activity, my deepest gratitude.

Those of you who haven't checked out the blog functions really should. It is a great opportunity if you like to freeform in a way that doesn't quite conform to the short give/take of the forum format.

Yeah I've looked around a bit and still can't find them. Help?

Yeah I've looked around a bit and still can't find them. Help?

Acctually, I have been meaning to ask Mr. Miller if he would make the blog pages more accessable.

There are a few ways to do it, but it is not especially convienient.

One way, you can look at my post here, and to the right, under my name, is a link to my blogs. Read them if you want, or if that's not your thing, ignore them (No really, you should read them :). Anyways, after you go to my blog page, there should be a menu on the right that says Options, then there are choices, one of which is "Post to your blog". Then fire away.

Another way is to look at the black box on the top of the screen that says "Welcome, [your name here]. You last visited..." Your name should be yellow. Click on it. One of the options as you scroll down is Blog. Click where it says read all entries, and it should bring up the same menu I described above.

Mr. Miller, if there was some way you could link the community blog page to the forum list, I think it would open it up to everyone. So far, only three people are writing blogs, and few people are reading them. Making the blogs more accessable will attract more writers and readers.

Acctually, I have been meaning to ask Mr. Miller if he would make the blog pages more accessable.

There are a few ways to do it, but it is not especially convienient.

One way, you can look at my post here, and to the right, under my name, is a link to my blogs. Read them if you want, or if that's not your thing, ignore them (No really, you should read them :). Anyways, after you go to my blog page, there should be a menu on the right that says Options, then there are choices, one of which is "Post to your blog". Then fire away.

Another way is to look at the black box on the top of the screen that says "Welcome, [your name here]. You last visited..." Your name should be yellow. Click on it. One of the options as you scroll down is Blog. Click where it says read all entries, and it should bring up the same menu I described above.

Mr. Miller, if there was some way you could link the community blog page to the forum list, I think it would open it up to everyone. So far, only three people are writing blogs, and few people are reading them. Making the blogs more accessable will attract more writers and readers.

Ahhh, thank you sir.