This team is gutless from the top on down

QuadCityHawkeye

Starting with the AD and running all the way to the water boy. I'm truly enbarassed for the program right now. Iowa deserves all the crap they get from the national media.

King, Jewell Duncan, and the punter are exempt I suppose....

Can't even express how pissed off I am right now. We have so many issues and we've seen this before. Last year was a once in a lifetime season and a mirage.

We are stuck with a underwhelming staff and players who can't step up.

Sad.

Last edited:
That new president is a Bobo as well. He won't fire Barta because they are republican donors together. This whole situation in Iowa City just sucks and is a product of bad hires and poor decision.

b9a81025-9df3-4003-bb20-27e81d69b56a.jpg

That new president is a Bobo as well. He won't fire Barta because they are republican donors together. This whole situation in Iowa City just sucks and is a product of bad hires and poor decision.

Do we want anther era of losing Iowa football like the 60's? Cause that's where we are heading.

I agree with everything mentioned.

This team is a MAC team playing against B1G teams that have passed them on all levels when it comes to smash mouth football.

I wonder if Iowa is scared of their own blood because other teams are giving them a dose of their own medicine.

Northwestern just punched Iowa in the month and left as the victor. I tip my hat to the better team today because it wasn't the Suckeyes.

I've seen enough of this dreaded team after their narrow victory over Rutgers last week. I doubt we beat Illinois or Purdue.

I want a better product on the field and I don't think we've got the players. Oh, wait Kirk wants an all Iowa roster.

How vanilla!!!

Starting with the AD and running all the way to the water boy. I'm truly enbarassed for the program right now. Iowa deserves all the crap they get from the national media.

King, Jewell Duncan, and the punter are exempt I suppose....

Can't even express how pissed off I am right now. We have so many issues and we've seen this before. Last year was a once in a lifetime season and a mirage.

We are stuck with a underwhelming staff and players who can't step up.

Sad.
Why do you guys always 'exempt' Jewell? He makes some plays, but he's effed up as much as everyone else on the D this year. Examples this game: It was his 'gap' that didn't get filled on NW's long TD run.....It was his facemask penalty was disasterous also, etc.....

This is going to be the norm until Kirk retires. Hayden Fry hired coaches who wanted to be head coaches. Coaches who weren't afraid to challenge him or the players. Kirk has only hired yers men for coaches who won't let a ripple in the water let alone rock the boat. Why we gave a 6 year extension to a coach with 4 years remaining on a contract unless he's winning 10 or more games a year and winning championships.

Why do you guys always 'exempt' Jewell? He makes some plays, but he's effed up as much as everyone else on the D this year. Examples this game: It was his 'gap' that didn't get filled on NW's long TD run.....It was his facemask penalty was disasterous also, etc.....

Bingo! This team just isn't very talented and that includes ALL the LBs. Jewell wouldn't start at WI, OSU, MI or MSU. He's maybe the 4th but probably the 5th best Mike LB KF has had. He's not in the top 15 overall LB KF has had. Iowa has 1 player that would have started for the 2004, 2008, 2009 or 2010 defense...the offense is worse than that.

Bingo! This team just isn't very talented and that includes ALL the LBs. Jewell wouldn't start at WI, OSU, MI or MSU. He's maybe the 4th but probably the 5th best Mike LB KF has had. He's not in the top 15 overall LB KF has had. Iowa has 1 player that would have started for the 2004, 2008, 2009 or 2010 defense...the offense is worse than that.

Jewell is a potential All American MLB. You, and icky pants are wrong regarding Jewell. He's not the best MLB we've ever had, but he's absolutely in the top 3 of the KF era. 2nd Team All B1G as a sophomore, Um that ain't accidental.
I agree with the rest of your post.

Jewell is a potential All American MLB. You, and icky pants are wrong regarding Jewell. He's not the best MLB we've ever had, but he's absolutely in the top 3 of the KF era. 2nd Team All B1G as a sophomore, Um that ain't accidental.
I agree with the rest of your post.

I don't think we probably disagree that much. Jewell is a nice LB. he could be a 1st all-B1G with the right success for the team. I'll give you that. To further explain where I'm going w this, I will add 2013 as another LB core for which Jewell would be a reserve. For all-KF Mike LB, I say Angerer, Hodge, Barr and Morris were better players. When you have one of the aforementioned Mike LBs, NDSU doesn't run for 40 in the A gap and 60 yard TDs don't go inside. Jewell got blown up on the long TD today and was waaaay out of position on the long run vs NDSU.

I don't think we probably disagree that much. Jewell is a nice LB. he could be a 1st all-B1G with the right success for the team. I'll give you that. To further explain where I'm going w this, I will add 2013 as another LB core for which Jewell would be a reserve. For all-KF Mike LB, I say Angerer, Hodge, Barr and Morris were better players. When you have one of the aforementioned Mike LBs, NDSU doesn't run for 40 in the A gap and 60 yard TDs don't go inside. Jewell got blown up on the long TD today and was waaaay out of position on the long run vs NDSU.

All of those LBS you mention were excellent, and had great Junior and Senior years. They also all had far better defenses around them, including some very very good Dlines. I personally put Jewell in with that group, just behind Hodge and Angerer, and on par with Morris. Again, he's at the beginning of his Junior year, with a defense that overall is in the bottom forth of the KF era. We have King, Jewell, and maybe Johnson...noone else on the defense starts on any of the teams of the LBS you mentioned, and Johnson is a fill in.

Latest posts