This team is gutless from the top on down

just think, we really could be stuck with Ferentz for at least 10 more years,long as Barta is the AD. Theses two are scratching each others backs all the way to the bank. They don't give two craps what you and I think, they are perfectly safe in their worlds.

Starting with the AD and running all the way to the water boy. I'm truly enbarassed for the program right now. Iowa deserves all the crap they get from the national media.

King, Jewell Duncan, and the punter are exempt I suppose....

Can't even express how pissed off I am right now. We have so many issues and we've seen this before. Last year was a once in a lifetime season and a mirage.

We are stuck with a underwhelming staff and players who can't step up.

Sad.
Agreed! I had much higher aspirations, consequently it has been a big fall to the reality of this season.

Gutless is a great word. I would exclude King however.
I would exclude all of the players. the professional coaches and program administrators; however, need to pull their heads out of their asses and decide to go for it. they haven't coached these players very well. they haven't game planned very well (if at all) and they haven't put requirements on the program.

just think, we really could be stuck with Ferentz for at least 10 more years,long as Barta is the AD. Theses two are scratching each others backs all the way to the bank. They don't give two craps what you and I think, they are perfectly safe in their worlds.

As the day goes on this loss is hurting more and more. The loss to North Dakota State was a bummer to say the least, but Northwestern is an absolutely terrible team. Barta and Ferentz need to be brought up on theft charges. This makes me sick

Can you imagine being a Ferentz in Iowa City if they lose the rest of their games? That would be a 3-9 record to one of the highest paid coaches in America. The last three games could easily lead a person to believe 3-9 could happen.

Jewell is a potential All American MLB. You, and icky pants are wrong regarding Jewell. He's not the best MLB we've ever had, but he's absolutely in the top 3 of the KF era. 2nd Team All B1G as a sophomore, Um that ain't accidental.
I agree with the rest of your post.
All I was saying is that Jewell is making mistakes also. And has made some BIG ones and he's talked about it...This defense is not playing 'together' and that's everyone.....In fact on the last TD, I'm pretty sure King blew (or didn't get a call) man coverage. They blitzed Taylor and Jewell (so they normally go man) and it looked like everyone else was in 'man', but King let his guy drag across the field all by his lonesome (while he was guarding 'air', lol) for an easy catch and TD.....I'm seeing so many mistakes and other things that I rarely remember seeing from an Iowa defense, and again, FROM EVERYONE!

I don't think we probably disagree that much. Jewell is a nice LB. he could be a 1st all-B1G with the right success for the team. I'll give you that. To further explain where I'm going w this, I will add 2013 as another LB core for which Jewell would be a reserve. For all-KF Mike LB, I say Angerer, Hodge, Barr and Morris were better players. When you have one of the aforementioned Mike LBs, NDSU doesn't run for 40 in the A gap and 60 yard TDs don't go inside. Jewell got blown up on the long TD today and was waaaay out of position on the long run vs NDSU.

I think you are discounting the fact that Jewell is trying to cover 2 gaps because Bower is no where to be found on many plays. Teams are purposely running at the Bazata, Bower & Hesse side of our D with great success. Jewell knows that Bower is incapable of filling so he's over there quickly on any action that way leaving his gap. Every so often teams run through his gap and he can be out of position. Has Bower recorded a TFL, sack, forced fumble or pick this year?

Play Mends or Jones and I will not be shocked if we start to get much better at run D in the middle. That will not happen though because our fans are smart enough to figure out the personnel blunder making Bower the starter at the last minute. Or it will be some bogus thing about Mends or Jones not being ready, practicing well enough or not knowing the play calls to cover their rears.

I would exclude all of the players. the professional coaches and program administrators; however, need to pull their heads out of their asses and decide to go for it. they haven't coached these players very well. they haven't game planned very well (if at all) and they haven't put requirements on the program.

The coaching sucks for sure, but there is a serious lack of talent on this team. You can only polish a turd so much, at the end of the day it's still a turd. When guys like Snyder and Bower are playing you're in serious trouble.

The coaching sucks for sure, but there is a serious lack of talent on this team. You can only polish a turd so much, at the end of the day it's still a turd. When guys like Snyder and Bower are playing you're in serious trouble.

My point is that the players are playing hard. the coaches are responsible for giving them plays and game plans and adjustments that put them in a situation to succeed. Then it's up to the players to execute. If we keep doing the same things...the exact same things, what have we seen that would indicate there will be improvement? It's time to start making our opponents guess what's coming next.

Latest posts