This team better get back to what got them here.

Especially when you are in first place by yourself. Some people act like spoiled ******* and Iowa hasn't won **** in years. It's really weird.

352f854d91f6eba371d113e54cd07407.jpg

There's not one person who's being honest with themselves if they are complaining about what this team has accomplished thus far this season or what their potential is down the stretch. Iowa is currently sitting right on top of the college basketball world and are the envy of the sport. Enjoy it... or don't, but there isn't 1 thing wrong with how this team is playing or has played this season. NOT 1.

I didn't invite the complainers. I only pointed out the obvious. Our defense has been horrible lately. If it stays that way, we won't go very far.

I didn't invite the complainers. I only pointed out the obvious. Our defense has been horrible lately. If it stays that way, we won't go very far.

Ok, you just described something that can be said about EVERY team in the country. If they don't do "X" they won't go far. If Iowa doesn't play better D, they'll be out quick in March. OK, great. Good for you. I'm glad that you noticed this. If KS doesn't play better they'll be going home early too. If Wichita State doesn't play better, they might not make the tourney at all. If ISU doesn't play better with a short bench, they might be out early. If MSU doesn't play better at home, it's over. Purdue needs better guard play or it's lights out. Creighton needs to win out or they won't be dancing. See, what you say is so stupid it's pointless. Everybody needs to do something to continue playing either they will or they won't... just sit back and enjoy it one way or the other. Or, troll on man, you obviously enjoy it. I enjoy it as well or I wouldn't keep coming back for more :)

Ok, you just described something that can be said about EVERY team in the country. If they don't do "X" they won't go far. If Iowa doesn't play better D, they'll be out quick in March. OK, great. Good for you. I'm glad that you noticed this. If KS doesn't play better they'll be going home early too. If Wichita State doesn't play better, they might not make the tourney at all. If ISU doesn't play better with a short bench, they might be out early. If MSU doesn't play better at home, it's over. Purdue needs better guard play or it's lights out. Creighton needs to win out or they won't be dancing. See, what you say is so stupid it's pointless. Everybody needs to do something to continue playing either they will or they won't... just sit back and enjoy it one way or the other. Or, troll on man, you obviously enjoy it. I enjoy it as well or I wouldn't keep coming back for more :)
Yeah......I've forgot more about basketball than you'll ever know. If I wanted to take the time to educate you, I'd compile the statistics that bare out my "troll" opinion. If pointing out something obvious is in fact "trolling". You can go back to whomever you are currently fluffing right now. As that seems to be the only thing in life that warrants conversation.

Or, you could watch Fran's basketball show and listen to him discuss how the defense needs to be better. Whichever.

Yeah......I've forgot more about basketball than you'll ever know. If I wanted to take the time to educate you, I'd compile the statistics that bare out my "troll" opinion. If pointing out something obvious is in fact "trolling". You can go back to whomever you are currently fluffing right now. As that seems to be the only thing in life that warrants conversation.

Seems over the top but I'm not a good judge. I like when I touch a nerve on losers.

I agreed that the defensive intensity has lessened - however the shooting comes and goes.

We were so hot there for awhile... that isn't going to happen the entire season.

Look at MSU...

He still didn't shoot well. He did most of his scoring around the rim and was 1-7 from behind the arc.

A college Basketball player having a bad shooting night? Wow That's really happens? Uthoff finishes with 24 points 15 boards and 5 blocks and you post well he still didn't shoot well from behind the arc. People are we being serious!! lmao.

Its like Some of you finding something to complain about.

Last edited:
I agreed that the defensive intensity has lessened - however the shooting comes and goes.

We were so hot there for awhile... that isn't going to happen the entire season.

Look at MSU...
I didn't say anything about the shooting. Everyone has off nights. What makes Uthoff special is that he was off his shot and he changed his game to go inside and score in the second half. But you have to play good defense to win the the tourney because sooner or later you run into a team that can score a lot. You have to be able to slow them down. Teams are crashing the offensive glass trying to get 2nd chance points. It's smart because we want to run after makes or misses off of the other team's offensive possessions. We need to be smarter and secure the defensive rebounds better.

Our Defense and Offense for that manner is getting tested and teams are mixing things up on us. Teams are doing all they can to get physical with Iowa , bang them around a bit and wear them down. It's happening you can see it. Gophers called for 26 fouls last night. Fran going to have to coach his *** off down the stretch because every team wants a piece of Iowa. They want to knock us down a rung.

Last edited:
I hope the team can somehow manage more intensity playing good teams I'm the tournament than they had playing against a cellar dweller on a Sunday night in front of a lame crowd. How can anyone who has ever played or watched basketball think that one day's performance has any impact on what will happen in a month?

I hope the team can somehow manage more intensity playing good teams I'm the tournament than they had playing against a cellar dweller on a Sunday night in front of a lame crowd. How can anyone who has ever played or watched basketball think that one day's performance has any impact on what will happen in a month?
They played the same way against Indiana.......but whatever.

Our defense was fine against Indiana. Our rebounding and free throw shooting sucked.
Defensive rebounding is part of playing defense. That's why they call it "defensive rebounding". Did you think I was specifically talking about our on ball defense? Man to man defense? Zone defense? 3/4 court trapping defense? If you play great defense for 29 seconds, force a missed shot but allow an offensive rebound/easy put back......that's not going to get it done.
I'm done discussing this. If anyone else wants me to get into specifics, I charge $50 per hour.

They were **** in the first half vs Indiana but better in the second. Definitely had problems vs Minnesota but I'm way more concerned about defensive rebounding than the defense. Yesterday had some weird moments period. Refs were weird, some dude who doesn't hit threes hit 2, Uthoff missed open threes and jok and him missed free throws which is rare.

The bench, especially Uhl gotta get it going and were relying a tad on Jok and Uthoff too much.