This stuff pisses me off to no end

Alford got worse with experience? He won 25 games, the BTT and was a 3 seed in his second to last year, and the following season was one of his best coaching jobs. Leading Iowa to a winning big ten record with basically just Haluska and Henderson returining was a pretty good accomplishment.

God I miss those days....

Actually, the Mountain West could get as many teams into the Big Dance as the B10. They will probably get 4, the B10 will only get more than that if ILL finishes strong.

Weird? So I guess we should just flush those 7 years that Alford coached at Iowa down the drain. He probably didn't learn anything coaching in the Big 10 for 7 years....

wierd?? Both you and Spank act as if his success at New Mexico is only because he Coached at Iowa hence on the job training comment. I showed you an example how that isn't true. Was that wierd to you? The fact that prior to coaching at Iowa he led SWMS to the Sweet Sixteen. Seriously is that wierd??

I'm happy Alford move on.

Lastly Alford is a better coach right now than what we have currently. That is a FACT!!

Last edited:
Damn it, Ghost!!!

I can't believe you posted something and I agree with ALMOST everything you said. Except for your third sentence I agree with everything. You are usually such a smart *** that it is impossible to agree with you at all, let alone completely.

I will never cease to be amazed.

How many wins do you think New Mexico would have if they were in the Big 10? They couldn't beat OSU,Purdue, Wisconsin, Illinois or Michigan St. 6th in this league gets you nothing.
In NM they would beat Wis, ILL, and the current Purdue team. MSU would be a toss-up. ILL and the current Purdue team would be toss-ups on the road.

Without knowing the schedule of home-and-homes so extrapolating all five of these teams are home-home: that's 3W-4L-3tosses and wins against the bottom 6.

15 wins 4 losses and 3 tossups. That puts them in a range of 2nd to 4th.

Latest posts