This season is a success if..

DrKnipe

The NDSU loss stung. But big wins over ISU and Nebby were huge. I call it a good season if we can exercize the last bowl game. Here's to it! Demons must be expunged!

The NDSU loss stung. But big wins over ISU and Nebby were huge. I call it a good season if we can exercize the last bowl game. Here's to it! Demons must be expunged!

..... Never post here again unless your troll power is over 9000....ffs.....John Paul Jones

They'll be in a decent bowl game. I'd give the season a satisfactory grade if they win the bowl game to get to 9 wins. Please God don't let Stanford anywhere near the Holiday bowl

If Iowa plays in a New Year's Day bowl game, it'll be against the SEC and any SEC team will make mincemeat out of Iowa's defense.

Hey, I love Iowa football but I'm not sloppy drunk...er, I mean pollyanish.

This thread is very similar to the "Great Season" thread. Again, I feel like you guys are mostly focused on the "Bad Losses" over the simple fact that had we beat Wisconsin we would be West Champs right now with the shot at big bad tOSU. All the fear of us playing Stanford….would you guys be scared of our opponent if we were playing tOSU? How about if we beat tOSU? And please don't confuse this with Kirk support or any of that other crap. I was lost on this season until Friday, even with the Mich win. But that last game really turned it all around. I'm drunk off Hawkeye Kool-Aid once again….

Did you say a big win over ISU? We should expect to do that to them. Big wins over MICH and NEB though.

This season will be a "success" if we carry our momentum into the bowl game and dominate.

If Iowa plays in a New Year's Day bowl game, it'll be against the SEC and any SEC team will make mincemeat out of Iowa's defense.

Just a silly post.
Lots of really average offenses in the SEC.

LOL.. Don't agree to this at all.

I would be more worried about the Holiday Bowl Matchup against Pac-12 Team than any SEC Team that would play in the Outback Bowl.

A bowl game win leading to a top 20, possibly top 15 finish would be ideal. I'm sick of seeing Iowa lose their bowl games, and even more sick of getting blown out in them. Davis also needs to retire.

A bowl game win leading to a top 20, possibly top 15 finish would be ideal. I'm sick of seeing Iowa lose their bowl games, and even more sick of getting blown out in them. Davis also needs to retire.
Are you linking Davis' offense with Iowa's losing in bowl games 'cause,IMO, the onus for Iowa losing in bowl games is on the defense.

You know, It's hard for an OC to make a coherent offensive game plan when you're down 3 touchdowns in the first quarter...and have KF and lots of Iowa fans on HN with a questionable knowledge of offense looking over your shoulder.

Last edited:
Are you linking Davis' offense with Iowa's losing in bowl games 'cause,IMO, the onus for Iowa losing in bowl games is on the defense.

You know, It's hard for an OC to make a coherent offensive game plan when you're down 3 touchdowns in the first quarter...and have KF and lots of Iowa fans on HN with a questionable knowledge of offense looking over your shoulder.

In the last 2 bowl games, both Offense and Defense sucked. But this year, I'll take my chances on the the 9th ranked scoring defense over the 118th offense.....Davis need go bye bye.

The season's a solid B right now. Win the bowl game and it moves up to a B+ (Them's was good grades for me back in the day.

Not bad considering 3-4 weeks ago it was in the D range.

Latest posts