This Season "Can" Turn on a Dime IF JVB Can Do 2 Things...

And NW was like 119th in teh FBS against teh pass going into yesterday's game. Not gonna happen with JVB. We are gonn have to win ugly, like in East Lansing, if we want to win.

And that's why he was able to throw for 215 yards. The point is, for Iowa and JVB, that's considered taking advantage of lousy NW's pass defense. I certainly can see why after 8 games and 3 touchdown passes, Ferentz is content with his QB choice. They just need to do better. It's that simple, really.

Granted JVB didnt' play the best yesteday. He missed on some bad throws, locked in on occasion, and if I remember... fumbled the ball again. But he did make some good throws (recievers dropped several easy ones), and did go through progressions sometimes. One could argue that he did play well enough to win ugly. I would put yesterdays loss on the D and special teams.

So we "missed on some bad throws, locked in on occasion, fumbled, and dropped alot of passes" I totally understnad how you'd put the loss on the D and special teams. Sorry, but your post totally contradicts itself.

I know it's 4 weeks away and a lot can change, but if this season continues to go south, how ugly could Senior Day introductions be at Kinnick prior to the Neb game? I mean hard to imagine Vandy not getting boo'd, plus Kirk Ferentz will be introduced as James' father and most likely he will not receive a warm reception either.

I know it's 4 weeks away and a lot can change, but if this season continues to go south, how ugly could Senior Day introductions be at Kinnick prior to the Neb game? I mean hard to imagine Vandy not getting boo'd, plus Kirk Ferentz will be introduced as James' father and most likely he will not receive a warm reception either.

Listen that just isn't going to happen at Iowa on Sr. Day, I don't care how bad you think things are they will never, ever get that bad to where players and coaches are boo'd on Sr. Day. No way!!

Iowa needs 1 victory to make the Nebraska game mean something, just 1. The good news is we do have 2 potential winnable games before Nebraska.

Last edited:
a bowl game, ANY bowl game, would be welcome at this point. If we can get to 6 wins and SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY beat frickin nebby, I would be soooo happy. Without some bounces and luck, it's gonna be tough.

So we "missed on some bad throws, locked in on occasion, fumbled, and dropped alot of passes" I totally understnad how you'd put the loss on the D and special teams. Sorry, but your post totally contradicts itself.

My comment was in response to a poster about the offense not playing well enough to beat NW's horrible D. And that this team needs to win ugly.
The point I was making is that JVB played well enough to win ugly.
The defense gave up 350+ on the ground (including a 70+ yd run when we had them backed up on the one - this led to a TD) and special teams gave up a punt block leading to an easy TD.
So yeah, the loss is on the D and ST.

My comment was in response to a poster about the offense not playing well enough to beat NW's horrible D. And that this team needs to win ugly.
The defense gave up 350+ on the ground (including a 70+ yd run when we had them backed up on the one - this led to a TD) and special teams gave up a punt block leading to an easy TD.

I get what your saying, but in no way shape or form do I give the offense a free ride on the blame game after that loss. IMO this team has been ugly all season and had he played well enough to get another ugly victory we would have got one. Another all around bad performance by a bad team.

I get what your saying, but in no way shape or form do I give the offense a free ride on the blame game after that loss. IMO this team has been ugly all season and had he played well enough to get another ugly victory we would have got one. Another all around bad performance by a bad team.

I'll bite though.

2 horrible 4th down attempts, 2 very costly delay of games, in addition to the drops and the passes that were no where near being on target, and the fact we only managed 215 yards through the air against one of the worst pass defenses in the nation.

We could argue all day back and fourth about it, but the fact is it was a poor game all around and as I said earlier I don't think any unit gets a free pass.

And that's why he was able to throw for 215 yards. The point is, for Iowa and JVB, that's considered taking advantage of lousy NW's pass defense. I certainly can see why after 8 games and 3 touchdown passes, Ferentz is content with his QB choice. They just need to do better. It's that simple, really.

It just might be that freaking simple too.......
Sounds too easy, but JVB could correct most of his issues.
The fact that they can't seem to address these things during practice is sickening.

The O put up a massive 17-points and also gift wrapped 7 for the opponent for a net of 10 (imo).

I hold the D responsible for giving up 21-points. Painful number of rushing yards but any D that gives up only 21-points to NW is above average. The D wasn't great but played well enough for any other Offense (except perhaps Illinois whom I haven't watched) in the B1G to produce a win against NW...I omitted Minny because they replaced their inept QB.

Last edited:
And my financial situation can turn on the dime if those dang powerball bastards would pick the right numbers..

Latest posts