This quote says everything you need to know

A pretty vanilla answer to a vanilla question.

Iowa starting quarterback Cade McNamara was asked on Tuesday if the lack of involvement by the Hawkeye receivers was due to game plan or if there was a way to get the group more involved.

I’m just a quarterback, I’m not calling the plays or doing any of that. That’s not my decision, I’m just gonna run the play as fit and I’m gonna throw it to the open guy.

A pretty vanilla answer to a vanilla question.

Iowa starting quarterback Cade McNamara was asked on Tuesday if the lack of involvement by the Hawkeye receivers was due to game plan or if there was a way to get the group more involved.

I’m just a quarterback, I’m not calling the plays or doing any of that. That’s not my decision, I’m just gonna run the play as fit and I’m gonna throw it to the open guy.
Yes there are worse answers. He could have flat out said Brian does not know how to call plays.

But, yes Cade should have just fallen on his sword. He should have said he does not know. That that the whole team needs to work on finding the answer. That he himself needs to get better as a QB, blah, blah, blah.

Yes there are worse answers. He could have flat out said Brian does not know how to call plays.

But, yes Cade should have just fallen on his sword. He should have said he does not know. That that the whole team needs to work on finding the answer. That he himself needs to get better as a QB, blah, blah, blah.
Completely disagree that Cade should have just fallen on his sword. Everyone who follows the program knows how inept Brian is at calling the shots on the offensive side of the ball. KF's been covering his ass since he took the position. BF dodged it in the media. I'm sorry but why in the hell should Cade be covering his ass at this point. Cade's getting the tough questions that should be asked directly to boy wonder.

From a team and locker room perspective Cade is their leader and I think he loses some of that credibility if he swallows the sword because it's an answer at this point I'd figure everyone wants to hear. I totally get what your saying, but I'm so sick and tired of BF getting the free pass while the players, defense, and coaching staff covers his ass. It has to end.