This pic will make Hawkeye fans happy

OK, so call me creepy for posting the following from Jaleel's Facebook page, call me excited by a new Hawkeye, heck even call me a cab. Just don't call me Shirley.

Jaleel posted several photos and comments from his visit:

"Bye Iowa City I'll be back for sure !!"

"I can't wait to wear that black and gold"

He wrote on Iowa CB commit Maurice Fleming's FB page "ME & YOU GON BALL BRO!!"

Iowa DL Darian Cooper tagged Jaleel in a photo on his FB page: "Me and the new hawk Jaleel"

Jaleel posted the following photo from a snow-coated Kinnick Stadium with the caption "A blessing in disguise maybe..."
408134_2251612068467_1793236613_1466213_33138737_n.jpg

And finally, he says this was his "mom's" text message Sunday noon back to him after informing her he was going to be a Hawk (for reasons that will become obvious this is only the link, not the photo itself; prolly NSFW):
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...138336624_1793236613_1466125_1160973343_n.jpg

Thanks tweeter, I am starting to get my hopes up again that Jaleel will be a Hawk.

So if he doesn't I will blame you. :D

My early morning optimism has been dashed somewhat, per tweet moments ago from Rob Howe:

HawkeyeInsider
'12 IL DT @JaleelJohnson67 still considering #MSU visit. Said #Iowa coaches did NOT say #Hawkeyes would pull schollie if he sees #Spartans

My early morning optimism has been dashed somewhat, per tweet moments ago from Rob Howe:

HawkeyeInsider
'12 IL DT @JaleelJohnson67 still considering #MSU visit. Said #Iowa coaches did NOT say #Hawkeyes would pull schollie if he sees #Spartans
Let him go see MSU. If he truly wants to be a Hawkeye he will come. If he ends up going to MSU he didn't want to be a Hawkeye bad enough AND he isn't mentally strong enough to be a Hawkeye. We all know anyone with a brain would choose Iowa over MSU! :) We don't want him to have any doubts if he does come to Iowa.

Let him go see MSU. If he truly wants to be a Hawkeye he will come. If he ends up going to MSU he didn't want to be a Hawkeye bad enough AND he isn't mentally strong enough to be a Hawkeye. We all know anyone with a brain would choose Iowa over MSU! :) We don't want him to have any doubts if he does come to Iowa.

I don't think it would mean he's stupid to pick MSU over Iowa. Their program is better right now. They just went to a Jan 2 bowl and won it while we're coming off a 7-6 season. It'll be hard for an 18 year old to resist the charms of that snake-oil salesman Dantonio but that wouldn't make him dumb.

I don't think it would mean he's stupid to pick MSU over Iowa. Their program is better right now. They just went to a Jan 2 bowl and won it while we're coming off a 7-6 season. It'll be hard for an 18 year old to resist the charms of that snake-oil salesman Dantonio but that wouldn't make him dumb.

Even though they are coming off an Outback Bowl win, MSU has nothing on Iowa right now. There is a reason why MSU gets passed over for BCS bids year after year and this year even the Cap One bowl passed on them. Other than coming off a better season this year I cannot think of a single advantage MSU has over Iowa but I can think of several football reasons why he should pick Iowa over MSU. Academically, I am not sure if MSU has a better Criminal Justice program than Iowa but that would be the only advantage I can think of.

Definitely not a fan of JJ keeping the MSU visit. I know based on things posted here that his visit this weekend went well but it's apparent he's not 100% sold on us if he is looking elsewhere. I heard he told the coaches about his possible MSU visit early last week. It's too bad the coaches couldn't convince him to go to MSU first so Iowa has the last shot. I'm not keen on Dantonio having the last word with him.

It says he's considering it, not taking it for sure. I'm still holding out that he will cancel the visit.

Definitely not a fan of JJ keeping the MSU visit. I know based on things posted here that his visit this weekend went well but it's apparent he's not 100% sold on us if he is looking elsewhere. I heard he told the coaches about his possible MSU visit early last week. It's too bad the coaches couldn't convince him to go to MSU first so Iowa has the last shot. I'm not keen on Dantonio having the last word with him.

I think it's better in this case that he came here first.

Wait a damn minute, is anyone else here most surprised about the "Yes" stunt in Kinnick? In a million years, I'd never have expected that from the good Captain. Maybe there's hope on the DC front too.

Wait a damn minute, is anyone else here most surprised about the "Yes" stunt in Kinnick? In a million years, I'd never have expected that from the good Captain. Maybe there's hope on the DC front too.

LMFAO! Yeah right, KF had anything to do with that.:rolleyes:

Latest posts