This loss is on.......

ForeverHawk

the players. Too many second chance opportunities, sloppy with the ball in crucial spots, failure to close out on three point shooters. As poorly as they played, they still had a chance. But, they earned this loss as a team IMO.

I agree, teams lose sometimes. I am not heartbroken over it, because Iowa did so many things wrong to lose it. Had they played their azzes of and lost, that's one thing, but that was not the case tonight.

Louisville lost like 5 games last year. Michigan lost a ton of games including on the road to Penn State last year and in their first BTT game by 12 to Wisconsin. Both teams played for the NCAA Title...We are a very good team and when March rolls around it will show. Games don't get called the same in the NCAA Tourney compared to road conference games.

In other words. It's all good!

I am going to put a little of this on Fran. They were killing Michigan in the paint the first half and they got away from it in the 2nd half. Iowa had a size advantage inside and they did not exploit it.

I thought defensively Ogelsby and white got exposed. They couldn't hang with their guards and I hated the zone with as many shooters as they have.

The bench didn't step up. Only 8 points.

BINGO! I was foolish enough to think we had some upper-classmen on the bench who had gotten over their yips and were ready to provide solid minutes every night. But once again, Zach McCabe on the road played like ... Zach McCabe on the road. Same for Josh Oglesby. Same for Gabe Olasani.

I am going to put a little of this on Fran. They were killing Michigan in the paint the first half and they got away from it in the 2nd half. Iowa had a size advantage inside and they did not exploit it.

Good thought - Basabe and Woodbury absolutely disappeared after halftime. They were all that was keeping us in the game in the first half. But you are right - that is an advantage that should have been there to exploit all game long.

Not a big deal. I'm confused by the distribution of minutes. So far off of what we normally do. I'd like to know what was on fran's mind with respect to that. Over all, it's a road loss to a good team. Not a big deal.

Turnovers at crucial times and offensive rebounds were tough to overcome. Felt like we couldn't get the ball to bounce our way and we couldn't get over the hump. It's going to happen on the road. We will be fine. Just don't let this loss turn into two this weekend in the glorified high school gym at NW.

Step slow all night. It happens. On to the next one.

This is one that makes me wince before I agree with you. That was SO obvious in the N.I.T. final last year, and I really wondered when that would rear its ugly head again this season. That, as much as anything, would be what could keep us from some of the super heights now predicted for this team.

We overcome that by working our tails off. And, as was pointed out by someone else, that we did not do.

Yet another loss in Crisler Arena. Now let's not compound things and lose a stinker in Evanston.

Not a big deal. I'm confused by the distribution of minutes. So far off of what we normally do. I'd like to know what was on fran's mind with respect to that. Over all, it's a road loss to a good team. Not a big deal.

He was trying to find the hot hand. Both Uthoff and Olaseni looked lost on the court, both of them kept getting out of position defensively and that inbounds pass by Olaseni really hurt.

.........Michigan. They outplayed us. Not gonna lose sleep over it. I expect we will be their ***** down in Carver.

the team. There were a lot of guys who didn't play well and didn't lead. We need more from our bench and much like Baylor we struggle against very athletic teams. Michigan isn't long and we may have missed an opportunity to take better advantage of that. Mel and Woody showed up early and kept us in it, but several others fell short.

The season isn't over. Let's get NW and then MSU.

Me...

I didn't hate on UM stongly enuff.
I actually expected / predicted the loss (77-70) and I'm always right, so ...

sorry.

...the bench. We typically get 30 pts from our bench, but only got 8 on 4-13 shooting with 5 turnovers. Cant get that snd expect to win on the road. Olesani and Uthoff with their length should have been way more productive. McCabe was his typical self on the road. And Oglesby appeared to not even look for a 3. Our starters played right at their avg with Basabe getting more than usual and Gessel getting a little less.

Latest posts