This Kid Wants an NFL Check

Depending on his technique he could be in contention for a starting spot his first year on campus, he has great size especially since they are labeling him as a guard. Its about time Iowa gets some maulers like Wisky had last year. A Wisky size line with Kirk & Co. teaching.:D

I know stars are not everything but a 4* OT that is seeking us out sounds to good to be true.

We have an unrated OT signed...Persig and Diamond area kids we have a shot at but competition will be fierce for both.

Why not take the sure thing if this kid is ready to go?

That is a pretty good article. I'm looking at who will be around by the time he is a fresh and yeah, he could possibly get a starting role. Then again, our OL recruits from last year would probably object.

I'd be interested in the context of those Iowa comments. Was he directly asked about Iowa or did he bring it up himself? Big difference there. We'll see how interested he is in Iowa once he gets offers from USC and the other big boys.

Iowa gets good recruits every year, many with the "big boy" offers, it doesn't surprise me that a very good offensive line recruit has a strong interest in Iowa.

Iowa does not normally do well with kid's of this size. We like to get good frames and build em up our way. We like to make the 260 lb kid 290. What is Doyle going to do with a kid who probably needs to lose weight? Seriously, this never works at Iowa.

That is such fun news. I like when parents and kids from all around want to come to Iowa City. There has been a time or two I have been frustrated with staff and wanted changes, but the sticking with the program pays huge dividends.

Iowa does not normally do well with kid's of this size. We like to get good frames and build em up our way. We like to make the 260 lb kid 290. What is Doyle going to do with a kid who probably needs to lose weight? Seriously, this never works at Iowa.

Seriously, a kid wants to come to Iowa from Nevada you know nothing about him, and all you can say is this won't work. Must be a cheerful life.

Seriously, a kid wants to come to Iowa from Nevada you know nothing about him, and all you can say is this won't work. Must be a cheerful life.

Well, he's got a pretty good point, IMO. We almost always get guys that are undersized out of high school and then build them up. We don't have a lot of experience with guys that are already that big.

Well, he's got a pretty good point, IMO. We almost always get guys that are undersized out of high school and then build them up. We don't have a lot of experience with guys that are already that big.
The only point he has is we don't normally get kids with his size, the rest of the story lies in the kids desire to succeed. Doyle would have no problem in the least building anyone. Especially a kid with the frame he has. There is no reason that we don't see more 300+ freak athletes in the NFL other than training and desire to succeed.
This kid would likely drop 15-20 lbs pretty quickly and in 1 year or so build it all back as muscle and add speed and agility.
I am very optimistic about Davis and Cooper and what they are going to be like in 3 yrs.

Latest posts