This is what we get for 3 million dollars?

MoseSchrute

I even predicted a loss but I guess I'm still stunned. Why even go to a bowl? It's just a money losing proposition anyway. Iowa football has hit the reset button yet again, and my expectations for next year will be very low. Something needs to be straightened out here.

Maybe that's the goal. Have a horrible season after a really, really good one, so that the following season we have a better than expected season and our staff has "overachieved" once again, done more with less, etc. etc.

To the guy that sarcastically compared Alabama's slide this year to ours - We have two more losses, and two to teams that are no good at all.

Maybe that's the goal. Have a horrible season after a really, really good one, so that the following season we have a better than expected season and our staff has "overachieved" once again, done more with less, etc. etc.

To the guy that sarcastically compared Alabama's slide this year to ours - We have two more losses, and two to teams that are no good at all.

NU is decent when they have Persa - they are 7-5, same as Iowa. They aren't world beaters, but they ain't terrible.

$428,571 per win...hawks get a heck of a deal with ferentz. signed thru 2020 if you forgot.

NU really isn't that good. Having Persa out didn't make the defense give up 70 today.

Yeah it did, their offense is a ball control offense and when they lose their QB and their ability to control the ball, their defense is on the field all day. Their D held Iowa to 17 so they must be pretty good.

I even predicted a loss but I guess I'm still stunned. Why even go to a bowl? It's just a money losing proposition anyway. Iowa football has hit the reset button yet again, and my expectations for next year will be very low. Something needs to be straightened out here.

You're kidding right? Tell me you are. Are you an OSU/UM fan in disguise? Must be. No, I'm not thrilled about losing today to a team that barely belongs in a major conference but to be this arrogant to question going to a bowl is a bit much. Maybe your expectations has been built up so much by said coach that we should compete for the MNC every year. If that's the case then it's a double edge sword I guess. In case you need an explaination, the coach responsible for your heightened expectations is the one you question. To break it down further, if he didn't do something right up to this point, you would NEVER question going to a bowl game...see ISU life

How about: 5-3 bowls, 4-2 january bowls, 1-1 BCS bowls, national coach of the year, several B10 COY, many national/B10 player awards, a couple conference championships...

I could have done 7-5 with this team at $25,000 a win. Yeah, i'm coaching the pop warner team downtown, don't get paid **** for that though.

I could have done 7-5 with this team at $25,000 a win. Yeah, i'm coaching the pop warner team downtown, don't get paid **** for that though.

Wegs, i can't disagree with you enough, but i do have to compliment you on your Username. That is one for the ages...LOL

PLEASE...enough with the 3 million dollars. Let me make a wild guess, your a liberal always worried about how much money someone else makes. Would you be happier with this season if he made 1 million? 500K? What salarie of Kirks would have made this a better year for you and Iowa football? Let it go your salarie envy is sickning.......

PLEASE...enough with the 3 million dollars. Let me make a wild guess, your a liberal always worried about how much money someone else makes. Would you be happier with this season if he made 1 million? 500K? What salarie of Kirks would have made this a better year for you and Iowa football? Let it go your salarie envy is sickning.......

Dont bring that ******** into the conversation. I am as liberal as they come and i think the $3million arguement is quite possibly the dumbest out there.

please shut up and go watch fox news or go onto the gazette.com and post- man these comments wear me out.

I'm as far from liberal as you can get. Simply making the point that the highest paid State employee in Iowa did not make the grade this year. Government waste does not sit well with me.

The only thing I question about the $3 mil a year, is has it made KF fat and happy? The 9 to 5 attitude of the coaching staff has been picked up by the players. I guess we as diehard fans are just supposed to accept it with a smile and buy bowl tickets.

You're kidding right? Tell me you are. Are you an OSU/UM fan in disguise? Must be. No, I'm not thrilled about losing today to a team that barely belongs in a major conference but to be this arrogant to question going to a bowl is a bit much. Maybe your expectations has been built up so much by said coach that we should compete for the MNC every year. If that's the case then it's a double edge sword I guess. In case you need an explaination, the coach responsible for your heightened expectations is the one you question. To break it down further, if he didn't do something right up to this point, you would NEVER question going to a bowl game...see ISU life

How about: 5-3 bowls, 4-2 january bowls, 1-1 BCS bowls, national coach of the year, several B10 COY, many national/B10 player awards, a couple conference championships...
Dude, getting owned by Minn. and NW says to me that a bowl is not really deserved at this point. I didn't buy into the NC talk at the start of the year, but what we ended up with is ridiculous. It's why even when Iowa has a 10-2 year, they will never get any respect; which so many people on here complain about.

Latest posts