This is what I find laughable.....

Jeezus I can't wait until this week is over and these craptacular ******* match threads fade away(somewhat)....

Why have we become negative nancys? By watching the game at Soldier field last week.

Who give's a flip about their statistics against Tulsa compared to Iowa's against NIU. What could be more irrelevant?

Offensively, Iowa's Oline is getting blasted for giving up 6 sacks. Fine, no problem there....6 sacks is not acceptable. However, ISU gave up 4 sacks. In addition, ISU also had 5 negative rushing plays, for a total of 9 negative plays. Iowa, on the other hand, had only 1 negative rushing play for a total of 7 negative plays. But to hear everyone talking, ISUs offensive line is head and shoulders above Iowa's. Not true. Defensively, Iowa only gave up a total of 200 yards to NIU, with 73 of those coming on one play. Take that away and NIU gained a total of 130 yds. ISU, on the other hand, gave up 360 yds, with 77 coming on one play. Take that away and they gave up 283 yds....150 more than Iowa gave up. On special teams, ISU gave up a kick return for 60 yards and another one for 40 yards. Iowa's special teams played nearly flawlessly, booting a 50 yd field goal and downing a punt inside the 1 yd line with no punt or kick return issues. Turnover-wise, ISU had one turnover, Iowa had zero turnovers. Finally, ISUs game was in the friendly confines of Jack Trice, while Iowa played in unfamiliar territory at Soldier Field. I understand there were more Iowa fans than NIU fans at that game, but regardless, Iowa still had to bus 3 hours or so to the game, play on an unfamiliar field, with unfamiliar locker rooms and an overall unfamiliar surrounding. So given all that.....the fact the game's at Kinnick, the fact that ISU had more negative offensive plays, gave up more yards, gave up big plays in the special teams return game, had more turnovers and we played similar opponents, I'm trying to figure out why the he!! we've become Negative Nancys all of a sudden. Stop.....this one's going to be like the last 4 at Kinnick....somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-10.

KEEP IT IN THE CHUCKLE HUT

I appreciate the advice, but since this is an open forum, I will post if I choose to. I should have clarified my other post to read"certain hawk fans are all class". It is pretty clear that your thought process is not too complex, so I wasn`t concerned about being versed in"rocket science".

Then don't whine and cry about the class of certain Hawk fans, or lack thereof. You're in enemy territory over here, bub.

Ah, the Iowa State fan. They come in two basic varieties.

1. The low end public school graduate from the Des Moines metro area that couldn't get into Drake and wants to go to school someplace where they can still live at home and work at Menards on the weekend. They usually drop out after 3 semesters so they have to go full time to pay off their student loans but have a hatred of Iowa Fans because they are always bothering them for extra cuts in the lumber department.

2. Has never been to college, or really know what college is. They just know they can still get drunk with 19 year olds on Saturdays in the fall in Ames Iowa even though they passed 30 a long time ago.

They tried it in Iowa City but those coeds aren't impressed by a 2002 Ford Mustang and extensive knowledge of Metallica Lyrics. So they took the leap and bought a cyclone shirt at Wal mart for $5.99 and look for every opportunity to argue with Hawk fans.

The thing they all have in common is they think they're smart. They have little else so just pity them and put some red sock in the salvation army box so their kids have a present this christmas.

Ah, the Iowa State fan. They come in two basic varieties.

1. The low end public school graduate from the Des Moines metro area that couldn't get into Drake and wants to go to school someplace where they can still live at home and work at Menards on the weekend. They usually drop out after 3 semesters so they have to go full time to pay off their student loans but have a hatred of Iowa Fans because they are always bothering them for extra cuts in the lumber department.

2. Has never been to college, or really know what college is. They just know they can still get drunk with 19 year olds on Saturdays in the fall in Ames Iowa even though they passed 30 a long time ago.

They tried it in Iowa City but those coeds aren't impressed by a 2002 Ford Mustang and extensive knowledge of Metallica Lyrics. So they took the leap and bought a cyclone shirt at Wal mart for $5.99 and look for every opportunity to argue with Hawk fans.

The thing they all have in common is they think they're smart. They have little else so just pity them and put some red sock in the salvation army box so their kids have a present this christmas.

Sadly you could replace Iowa State with Iowa & Ames with Iowa City and this would be just as accurate. This is Iowa, we are who we are, and no one else cares.

Latest posts