This is what I find laughable.....

SpiderRico

Offensively, Iowa's Oline is getting blasted for giving up 6 sacks. Fine, no problem there....6 sacks is not acceptable. However, ISU gave up 4 sacks. In addition, ISU also had 5 negative rushing plays, for a total of 9 negative plays. Iowa, on the other hand, had only 1 negative rushing play for a total of 7 negative plays. But to hear everyone talking, ISUs offensive line is head and shoulders above Iowa's. Not true.

Defensively, Iowa only gave up a total of 200 yards to NIU, with 73 of those coming on one play. Take that away and NIU gained a total of 130 yds. ISU, on the other hand, gave up 360 yds, with 77 coming on one play. Take that away and they gave up 283 yds....150 more than Iowa gave up.

On special teams, ISU gave up a kick return for 60 yards and another one for 40 yards. Iowa's special teams played nearly flawlessly, booting a 50 yd field goal and downing a punt inside the 1 yd line with no punt or kick return issues.

Turnover-wise, ISU had one turnover, Iowa had zero turnovers.

Finally, ISUs game was in the friendly confines of Jack Trice, while Iowa played in unfamiliar territory at Soldier Field. I understand there were more Iowa fans than NIU fans at that game, but regardless, Iowa still had to bus 3 hours or so to the game, play on an unfamiliar field, with unfamiliar locker rooms and an overall unfamiliar surrounding.

So given all that.....the fact the game's at Kinnick, the fact that ISU had more negative offensive plays, gave up more yards, gave up big plays in the special teams return game, had more turnovers and we played similar opponents, I'm trying to figure out why the he!! we've become Negative Nancys all of a sudden.

Stop.....this one's going to be like the last 4 at Kinnick....somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-10.

No, my daddy's ISU team used to be 3 games below .500. now they're just barely having losing seasons.

Offensively, Iowa's Oline is getting blasted for giving up 6 sacks. Fine, no problem there....6 sacks is not acceptable. However, ISU gave up 4 sacks. In addition, ISU also had 5 negative rushing plays, for a total of 9 negative plays. Iowa, on the other hand, had only 1 negative rushing play for a total of 7 negative plays. But to hear everyone talking, ISUs offensive line is head and shoulders above Iowa's. Not true.

Defensively, Iowa only gave up a total of 200 yards to NIU, with 73 of those coming on one play. Take that away and NIU gained a total of 130 yds. ISU, on the other hand, gave up 360 yds, with 77 coming on one play. Take that away and they gave up 283 yds....150 more than Iowa gave up.

On special teams, ISU gave up a kick return for 60 yards and another one for 40 yards. Iowa's special teams played nearly flawlessly, booting a 50 yd field goal and downing a punt inside the 1 yd line with no punt or kick return issues.

Turnover-wise, ISU had one turnover, Iowa had zero turnovers.

Finally, ISUs game was in the friendly confines of Jack Trice, while Iowa played in unfamiliar territory at Soldier Field. I understand there were more Iowa fans than NIU fans at that game, but regardless, Iowa still had to bus 3 hours or so to the game, play on an unfamiliar field, with unfamiliar locker rooms and an overall unfamiliar surrounding.

So given all that.....the fact the game's at Kinnick, the fact that ISU had more negative offensive plays, gave up more yards, gave up big plays in the special teams return game, had more turnovers and we played similar opponents, I'm trying to figure out why the he!! we've become Negative Nancys all of a sudden.

Stop.....this one's going to be like the last 4 at Kinnick....somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-10.

I posted some of those stats in response to ISUer's idiot rant about ISU lines being way more dominate, etc.

I am like you, I am feeling more confident about the game as the week has wore on. I'm hoping to bait some ISU buddies of mine into betting straight up on the game (as they will be overconfident). It should make for a nice little payday for me. :p

ISU fans explain this by stating that Tulsa is such a great team and NIU is a bottom feeder.

tulsa is a legit bcs nat'l championship threat year in and year out

also, clown fan seems to favor the transitive properties argument

I don't discount the stats, but at least 3 of the sacks for ISU were 100% Jantz's fault for holding on the ball too long.

Latest posts