This is the last year on the UNI - Iowa contract

I think the series will continue. I am sure Fran will be none too excited to go back to the McCloud Center in two years. Maybe the Hawks can get home games for the next couple years out of this monstrosity.

Im thinking a 1 year deal and have UNI come to CHA one last time next year. I will ref the game, then the programs go on their merry way.

I hope it is renewed, you can't blame this on UNI as they had nothing to do with the officials. This game was an awesome atmosphere and it is good for the team to play in an environment like that before the Big Ten. We can run away from every instate rival that posses a challenge to us.

Everytime we fail to beat an instate rival whether it be ISU in football or UNI in basketball, the threads pop up with people whining to discontinue future matchups. How about we just beat them. If Kirk can't beat ISU routinely, it's a poor job on his part. If Fran can't beat UNI, same thing.

Everytime we fail to beat an instate rival whether it be ISU in football or UNI in basketball, the threads pop up with people whining to discontinue future matchups. How about we just beat them. If Kirk can't beat ISU routinely, it's a poor job on his part. If Fran can't beat UNI, same thing.

Has any poster said they wanted the series canceled?

Has any poster said they wanted the series canceled?

If you look on Twitter or a lot of message boards a lot of fans have said they would like to see the series ended. Nothing like the BCS school running away with the tail between their legs when the home and home doesn't work out for them. It would look so weak nationally for Iowa to stop this series or require a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal.

I wish Iowa fans would realize that in two years Fran will have the players that allow Iowa to start winning the in state games again. It is hard to make the schedule any easier for this program than this seasons schedule. When Iowa gets back to contention for the NCAA tournament UNI is going to be one of the few quality non conference wins on the schedule.

Why wouldn't Iowa want to play UNI every year? This is a temporary trend; Iowa will get better and better and better. They have a nice program at UNI.

Very different case than dropping the clown-Iowa football game...

Why wouldn't Iowa want to play UNI every year? This is a temporary trend; Iowa will get better and better and better. They have a nice program at UNI.

+1

I see no value-added in dropping this series.
Iowa is rebuilding. UNI is established.

How else are we going to see how/if we're progressing? Schedule more Chicago States and Brown's of the world?

Actually if anyone should want to drop this series it should be UNI. Right now beating Iowa does nothing for their NCAA resume.

I have no idea what the OP meant. It just shows you how ridiculous the basketball program has become when people are talking about eliminating a mid major team that beats you with some regularity.

Please can we see more games against North Carolina A&T and Brown.

UNI HELPS the basketball team get better. Playing a quality opponent.

Umm, yes. There is a whole thread devoted to just that topic.

If you look on Twitter or a lot of message boards a lot of fans have said they would like to see the series ended. Nothing like the BCS school running away with the tail between their legs when the home and home doesn't work out for them. It would look so weak nationally for Iowa to stop this series or require a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal.

I wish Iowa fans would realize that in two years Fran will have the players that allow Iowa to start winning the in state games again. It is hard to make the schedule any easier for this program than this seasons schedule. When Iowa gets back to contention for the NCAA tournament UNI is going to be one of the few quality non conference wins on the schedule.

Thanks, I didn't see that thread, I was en route home.

Latest posts