This is the best Hawkeye website

Dont worry about the recruiting visit stories. I really have no interest in how their meal was at the Texas Roadhouse in Coralville or how breakfast was at the Ferentz house Sunday morning.

This is a great site and Jon does a great job but i'll never leave hawkeyeinsider.. Rob Howe gives great insight and I enjoy the recruiting aspect of scout

I left hawkeyeinsider for that reason, not a big fan of Rob. Recruiting info floats around so much now with Twitter, no need really to pay anything.

How long before this thread becomes two people with huuuuuuge keyboards ripping on each other? This site is full of negative nancy's with every thread getting hijacked. 247 is where it's at. There is still a little information and fun on here though.

I left hawkeyeinsider for that reason, not a big fan of Rob. Recruiting info floats around so much now with Twitter, no need really to pay anything.

I started out with a paid subscription on HI four or five years ago. When Jon started this free site I stopped paying for a subscription over there, and figured I'd try their free board along with this one. I'm not trying to be a *****, but the free board on HI sucks. It's rarely updated and it seems like only a handful of posters ever partake in the discussion. Most of the discussions are miserable to read. I will admit I do miss having access to Rob's interviews with recruits. He stays on top of things and it helped the offseason go by a little quicker. However, in my opinon it just wasn't worth paying for it when I can find out the same information elsewhere.

I know nothing about running a website, but I find it hard to believe the paid system will last much longer. Jon do you have an opinion on this that you would care to share? I'd be interested to know how you feel about that.

I frequent them all (and have for years) and pay $99/year to one. And yet, this is the first site I click on. Great articles, updates, and posters. If the Tuesday and post game interviews were on here, this would truly be one stop shopping (so to speak). Great work Jon. I hope this site lasts as long as I do!

Like the Americans who were kicked out of every respectable country. We here, for the most part, were banned by 1 or more other Hawkeye forums.

interesting bump.

outside of someone who is an incredible writer, i don't see how paid sites can stay alive, and that scenario is even a stretch. twitter is incredible for breaking news. heck, it allows the kid to break the news himself, no 3rd party needed.

People misunderstand the value of pay sites. They assume the purpose is to find out when forthcoming commitments are happening before they do. That's not it. The gold nuggets are finding out who our prospects are two or three years out. Rob, Tom and Blair put in a ton of legwork to identify prospects and break down their strengths and weaknesses so you don't have to go rooting around the internet. I'm not an insider now, but I have been and enjoyed it.

It was take a knee, by the way. I gotta admit, I dig HALO.

People misunderstand the value of pay sites. They assume the purpose is to find out when forthcoming commitments are happening before they do. That's not it. The gold nuggets are finding out who our prospects are two or three years out. Rob, Tom and Blair put in a ton of legwork to identify prospects and break down their strengths and weaknesses so you don't have to go rooting around the internet. I'm not an insider now, but I have been and enjoyed it.

It was take a knee, by the way. I gotta admit, I dig HALO.

Don't forget about Todd Worly and Steve Wiltfong at 247. They have some of the best info and analysis out there.

I spend time at all of them too (probably a few that the OP doesn't even know exist), and this is easily the WORST and the one that I spend by far the least amount of time at. Lame posters and lame moderation are the reason. The articles are pretty poorly written too as JM has the English composition skills of a 13 year old girl. Kakert at Rivals is also a terrible writer, however, and this site has more free content, so I will call it a push. I will say that the HawkeyeGameFilm series for football is some of the best stuff on the Internet.

Last edited:
I spend time at all of them too (probably a few that the OP doesn't even know exist), and this is easily the WORST and the one that I spend by far the least amount of time at. Lame posters and lame moderation are the reason. The articles are pretty poorly written too as JM has the English composition skills of a 13 year old girl. Kakert at Rivals is also a terrible writer, however, and this site has more free content, so I will call it a push. I will say that the HawkeyeGameFilm series for football is some of the best stuff on the Internet.

And if anyone knows about 13 year old girls, it's you...

:D

The pay site model as it relates to this genre is treading water at best and is also cannibalistic. IMO 247's growth has been at the expense of Scout and Rivals. The market share of the pay sites as a whole is not growing. One network which hasn't been bought out yet has been shopping itself for nearly a year, but no buyers.

I still think free is where it''s at. And HN needs a bit of work, both from a content standpoint and especially a technological standpoint. Been having several meetings on that front and plans are coming into place. We really need a responsive design type of layout

Or....it could have to do with the fact you were also GoHawks76 & TylerSash, two of the more obnoxious and also bigoted usernames we've seen on this site and were banned. So we're all better off that you don't spend time here. In fact, I insist that you don't.

Or....it could have to do with the fact you were also GoHawks76 & TylerSash, two of the more obnoxious and also bigoted usernames we've seen on this site and were banned. So we're all better off that you don't spend time here. In fact, I insist that you don't.
Bang biscuit...

Aaaaaand he gawn.

Good for you, Jon. If this is the WORST site, why is he even over here?

Good for you, Jon. If this is the WORST site, why is he even over here?

Yeah, I was gonna go there but figured no need.

A lot of good places to spend time. During the seasons, I think this place is one of them. It also needs some work, too. One thing I have realized the this year is I am a crappy CEO...I am much better at just writing and hanging out on the boards...working on getting me back to just doing that and letting my biz partner focus on the other stuff....which also includes an overhaul of the site from a tech perspective. It's long overdue.

Latest posts