This is one year where a home and away game with ISU would do wonders.

how many minutes did ISU have the lead in the game? You can tweak the numbers all you want but ISU was dominated. Your returning starters topic is pointless. I guess Kentucky is terrible this year because they are all freshman.

The most important minutes.......melatonin will help you sleep

Which Cyclone player was it when interviewed after the game said (paraphrasing here) that both teams are very good, then gives a ****-*** grin, but at the end of the day, it is a Cyclone State." It made me want to puke.

Just putting that also out there. Yes, a rematch would be great this year.

I wasn't talking about that at all, but yes, that was very bush league. It's ISU though, what do you expect?

Lol, ok. Do you have specific examples that you'd like to provide? You're not really doing a good job of supporting your argument here.

Look at all of the message boards (not just HN), garden variety clown fan out and about, even here on HN talking about how they are the better team, we are not a deep team, and we have no better chance than they do of making a run in the NCAAs.

A rematch would be wonderful.

how many minutes did ISU have the lead in the game? You can tweak the numbers all you want but ISU was dominated. Your returning starters topic is pointless. I guess Kentucky is terrible this year because they are all freshman.

How many minutes did Xavier have the lead against Iowa? Was Iowa "dominated" in that game?

Home and home would probably result in a split in most years which is basically a waste of time.

This won't be ISU and Iowa's last close games this year. Just get used to it.

So we need to do a home and home plus a neutral court lol.

but really I too think these teams could play any number of games, they would all be close and home court would take most of them

How many minutes did Xavier have the lead against Iowa? Was Iowa "dominated" in that game?

Isu was not dominated but Iowa was able to execute its strengths to maintain a lead for most of the game even though Isu really didnt play that bad.

Iowa played tentative, lazy and sloppy againts Xavier.

Iowa Xavier was like Isu Uni. No one thought Uni was better even though they led most of the game.

They should start doing the game in Des Moines each year. Or maybe in diffferent arenas around the state? Are there that many 10,000+ seat arenas in the state where they could do something like this every year? Would be great promotion for both schools to get out of AMes & IC regularly.

UNI dome? Anyplace in the QC? Council Bluffs? CR?

I'm going to take this a step further and say isu wasn't necessarily the better team last year. If schedules were reversed we might have done better than they did and they might have done worse than we did.

I'm going to take this a step further and say isu wasn't necessarily the better team last year. If schedules were reversed we might have done better than they did and they might have done worse than we did.

So in both scenarios Iowa does better and was the better team. Got it. For once I'd love it if people would just admit the fact that we stink at times and are glorious at other times. I think what we ALL want to see is some consistency at the end of games rather than having to have a heart attack in the last 2 minutes waiting for the other shoe to drop. Comparing us to a team that we play ONCE a year is just fracking stupid. Let's win the B1G and go further than second round in NCAA's so we can finally confirm "We're Back".

Of course then next year we can whine about recruiting being teh suck...:cool:

I would be in favor of a home and away with ISU in basketball, every year. Its a good RPI builder and there are advantages for both programs to do it. Hilton sells itself out well enough that i dont consider it program welfare. Unlike the football team where we gain nothing by playing them anywhere.

Define dominated. Can you be dominated if you win?

So in both scenarios Iowa does better and was the better team. Got it. For once I'd love it if people would just admit the fact that we stink at times and are glorious at other times. I think what we ALL want to see is some consistency at the end of games rather than having to have a heart attack in the last 2 minutes waiting for the other shoe to drop. Comparing us to a team that we play ONCE a year is just fracking stupid. Let's win the B1G and go further than second round in NCAA's so we can finally confirm "We're Back".

Of course then next year we can whine about recruiting being teh suck...:cool:

All I was saying is the better team doesn't always have the better season due to things like different schedules and good or bad breaks. I think Iowa wins at least 6 out of 10 games on a neutral court (both this year and last). Just my opinion.

All I was saying is the better team doesn't always have the better season due to things like different schedules and good or bad breaks. I think Iowa wins at least 6 out of 10 games on a neutral court (both this year and last). Just my opinion.

Respectfully disagree since ISU had 4 New starters and a key bench player that is new.ISU is looking at a special year and a deep run in the tourney if the injury bug doesn't strike again.

Respectfully disagree since ISU had 4 New starters and a key bench player that is new.ISU is looking at a special year and a deep run in the tourney if the injury bug doesn't strike again.

ISU is a good team no doubt. I think all the extra early practice rules this year helped ISU out a bunch. They only really go 7 deep, so I think we are seeing this team for what is it. I doubt you get the improvement during conference play that you saw the last 2 years. Not knocking ISU, just saying they are just further along, quicker this year. They will still lose 5-7 conference games, but the difference is this year they didn't have several non conference losses that knock them down a few rungs seeding wise in the NCAA.

Agreed dean, I think they lose about 6 games in conference. That would be an overall record of 24-6 and Iowa State would probably have a top 4 seed and a top 20 ranking for most of the year.

Agreed dean, I think they lose about 6 games in conference. That would be an overall record of 24-6 and Iowa State would probably have a top 4 seed and a top 20 ranking for most of the year.

Sounds about right. They could be #3 I think if they do well in the Big12 tourney, or they could be a 5/6 seed if they drop 7 in conference and get bounced early in the Big12 tourney.

Latest posts