This is one year where a home and away game with ISU would do wonders.

But if Iowa would have made freethrows to ice it (like they normaly would) and won they would have been the better team? Was Iowa the better team last year, even though ISU had the better season?

Winning one close game doesn't decide who is better. Thats why things like the nba playoffs are 7 games and are almost never sweeps.

This is true. That's why one game just tells you who was better on that particular night. ISU fans will continue to think we're better, and Hawks will think the better team didn't win that night. The season and the dance are the only things that can maybe shed some light into who really is a better team.

Not sure what the odds are, but if somehow these two teams could get into the same bracket, I think both fan bases would absolutely love it.

Iowa fans are reminding me a lot of ISU fans last year after a lot of close losses (@Iowa, @Kansas, @Okie State, @Texas Tech, Kansas).

No more ridiculous then your patronizing post and the other threads about how ISU would be the better NCAA tourney team (according to ISU fans).

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif

Perhaps, but this is one of those special years when both teams were ranked going into the game. With all of the smack talk afterwards, it deserves a rematch, but will not happen unless these teams meet up in the Big Dance.

Smack talk? Honestly I havent seen a ton and I havent participated in any. It was a good game and either team had a great chance to win. I think most ISU fans will admit that. You are letting a few spoil a bunch. Honestly I have a feeling some of the smack you may hear is in response to any you handed out previously.

Home and home would probably result in a split in most years which is basically a waste of time.

This won't be ISU and Iowa's last close games this year. Just get used to it.

Smack talk? Honestly I havent seen a ton and I havent participated in any. It was a good game and either team had a great chance to win. I think most ISU fans will admit that. You are letting a few spoil a bunch. Honestly I have a feeling some of the smack you may hear is in response to any you handed out previously.

Say what? Some revisionist history going on there.

Hate to burst your bubble, but ISU is the better team and proved it. Keep in mind that ISU has 3 New starters this year while Iowa has nearly everyone back.

They proved they were a better team by being dominated for 95% of the game? They were lucky to win in Ames. They can't beat the hawks on a nuetral court yet alone in Iowa City. As far as your keep in mind statement: remember that JO has been out almost the whole year. ISU loses if JO's plays

They proved they were a better team by being dominated for 95% of the game? They were lucky to win in Ames. They can't beat the hawks on a nuetral court yet alone in Iowa City. As far as your keep in mind statement: remember that JO has been out almost the whole year. ISU loses if JO's plays

Don't you mean to say that Iowa outscored ISU by 7 in the first half and ISU outscored Iowa by 10 in the 2nd half for the win........while Iowa had everyone back and ISU Started 4 different players from last year's matchup.

[/B]Say what? Some revisionist history going on there.

I don't remember hearing much "smack" after the game at all, because most Clown fans knew that they were lucky to get the win. And were giving Iowa credit for playing a great game, besides the last 2 minutes. I think you're the one with "revisionist history" going on, brah.

Don't you mean to say that Iowa outscored ISU by 7 in the first half and ISU outscored Iowa by 10 in the 2nd half for the win........while Iowa had everyone back and ISU Started 4 different players from last year's matchup.

how many minutes did ISU have the lead in the game? You can tweak the numbers all you want but ISU was dominated. Your returning starters topic is pointless. I guess Kentucky is terrible this year because they are all freshman.

I don't remember hearing much "smack" after the game at all, because most Clown fans knew that they were lucky to get the win. And were giving Iowa credit for playing a great game, besides the last 2 minutes. I think you're the one with "revisionist history" going on, brah.

Iowa wasn't dumb enough to rush the court either after the win last year.

JFC

No.

Seriously people....its been a week now.....we lost. Get over it. ******** and moaning about how much better our team is was makes us look like crying babies. Or the refs gave ISU the game.....they didn't. Great teams finish games, pure and simple. We didn't finish. We lost, they won. Its a game. It's time to look ahead, instead of trying to justify to ourselves that in our minds Iowa won the game. We can't change history, but we can look forward to the future.

Iowa is a better defensive team with JO in the lineup. Not to mention he is the best FT shooter on the team down the stretch. What part are you disagreeing with?

Are you factoring in the 5 clangers that he would have from deep that would take 5 shots away from other better players on the team? Are you factoring in that he wouldn't be guarding Niang? But beyond the obvious, at the very most you could say that if JO plays, the game possibly plays out differently, whether Iowa wins in that different play out is impossible to predict.

Seriously people....its been a week now.....we lost. Get over it. ******** and moaning about how much better our team is was makes us look like crying babies. Or the refs gave ISU the game.....they didn't. Great teams finish games, pure and simple. We didn't finish. We lost, they won. Its a game. It's time to look ahead, instead of trying to justify to ourselves that in our minds Iowa won the game. We can't change history, but we can look forward to the future.

thanks for you insight. I would love to see your first two posts.

Latest posts