This is not an NCAA team. Why? Our guard play stinks.

Another classic tune from ted...great start to the New Year!!!!!!

Gotta love the guy who doesn't post anything unless it's negative. I mean for ****'s sake, even Ryno posts stuff that's at least remotely positive sometimes. Ted just represses any positive thought he might have.

I'll agree that Marble is the best guard on the team. Not sure anyone will say that is not true. However the guard play on the team is just fine.

The team is good w/out marble
The team can be great w/ marble playing at a high level

This scenario is diffrent that last year. This years team can just flat out score the ball better. Keep hitting the boards hard and taking quality shots. The team is heading in the right direction. No worries yet from this guy.

I'll agree that Marble is the best guard on the team. Not sure anyone will say that is not true. However the guard play on the team is just fine.

The team is good w/out marble
The team can be great w/ marble playing at a high level

This scenario is diffrent that last year. This years team can just flat out score the ball better. Keep hitting the boards hard and taking quality shots. The team is heading in the right direction. No worries yet from this guy.

The team can be great if any of the guards are having a great game. If the guards are just having an average game, they still are going to be pretty good.

The team can be great if any of the guards are having a great game. If the guards are just having an average game, they still are going to be pretty good.

True ......

My point was more based on the point. A great game for Marble has a higher ceiling than a great game for Mike. They are diffrent players at diffrent points in their careers.

When we go to Madison and whip the Badgers this lousy performance will be long forgotten. I was frustrated as hell after the game but I've seen us play so much better than we did last night. We are a few plays away from being undefeated and looking every bit a top 15 team. I don't think we have peaked yet, and still have room to grow as a team.

I understand some overreaction right after a frustrating game, but to wait a day to post a thread like this? You need to take a few breaths and back away from the ledge. We still won. It was ugly, but it was a win. Good teams win ugly sometimes.
So if we beat Wisconsin, will you post that we are an Elite 8 team?

Please do not discourage Teddyboy from taking the plunge. Best case scenario for all of us.

Gesell is by far the best pg on the team. Marble is playing at a higher level partially from playing on the wing. Gesell pushes the ball up the court best and the half court offense runs best when he is at pg. he is also the best defensive pg especially with the new rules...clemmons will continue to get fouls as he plays with a lot of hand checking.

I only opened this thread in the first place because it said "This is not an NCAA team" and went on to mention "our guard play." I assumed Nudge was talking about the team he routes for and was interested in learning something about another team.

If this isn't an NCAA dance team, then I guess the Conf is only putting 3-4 teams in the dance this season"

Wasnt MG on the bench at crunch time the other nite ? Why ?

Maybe because of missing some FTs during tight crunch time.

MG will be fine, I posted a lot about his passing last year, and he is very good at setting up his teammates with good angles, his shooting is a little off now but when it comes around he will be very good.

Yeah, the team who was, like, one win from the tourny a year ago is so obviously not one that I'll make a thread about it. Not even lightning is that dumb.

Wasnt MG on the bench at crunch time the other nite ? Why ?

I really like Fran, and this thread is stupid, but I do think Fran messed up the rotations late in the game. Gesell had a couple of turnovers, and Fran sat him for good. Gesell missed Marble on a curl cut (threw it out of bounds) and then had the ball stolen from him on the perimeter.

I'm a Fran fan, but sometimes his lineups confuse me. Woody needed to play more against Nebraska as well.

Latest posts