This is bs.......

Congrats to the coaching staff and players on a well fought victory. Now let's go out and win next week.

Some people, like you, are ok with being mediocre and accepting of mistakes. Good football teams strive for perfection and actually get upset when things don't go their way.

What was mediorcre about today? We didn't win Ditka + Hurricane 1400 to the Boilers -3035?

Serously, you yahoos make me hate football. You win, you win. Sometimes you lose to better teams, sometimes you beat them. It is football. Nothing in the last 20+ years of Iowa Football has ever demontrated to me that the coaches, players, and effort was nothing less than trying to demonstrate the best of my home state. College football is a money making gig, to be sure. But I have never seen that anyone in this program has ever taken making money above aiming for success. If you disagree with me on the basis of wins and loses, I would suggest you are either dillusional or a closet fan of someone else.

I want to win. Always. But to sit here and discuss like those that do the work don't care is totally crazy.

so you don't like it when people do such things ... yet you start a troll thread inviting such comments?

I commend you sir on your high morality in fanship.

Wtf are you all talking about? The first half was all about finding weak spots in the d. We ran them side to side and we gave them some shots up the gut, we threw to the tes. Reason second half looked so good was a direct result of the plays and personal used in the first half. Instead of pounding and pounding they looked for cracks, found them and exploited them. Thats the name of the game.
I know it was only our most hated rival purdue, but the coaches and players did a good job this week. I just hope they understand its in the books now and what and who worked this week may not work the next game. I found my crack pipe.

I could have sworn you never lost it.

Maybe but i am right most of the time. So if i am a crack head and right more than most, what is your excuse? You just stoo stoo stoopid?

so you don't like it when people do such things ... yet you start a troll thread inviting such comments?

I commend you sir on your high morality in fanship.

Well thank you....coming from THE BigTenchamp, that's an honor. As far as not liking the same tired act of some posters on here, you're right. I don't. I thought we did a lot of really nice things today. I didn't see all of the first half, so I can't comment to the extent of all the posters on here. But I saw the end result. I heard some nice stats. I heard many people who have earned the right to give their opinion say it was Iowa football and thought we played well. Were there mistakes, yeah... The spread was 14, Iowa covered that, almost doubled it...check. Iowa ran for over 300 yards....check. That's hard to argue with. Iowa's held every opponent except one under their offensive averages this season in yards gained....hard to argue that. Iowa scored more points in the 2nd half then they did in the 1st today...people were complaining about that...check....staff must have made adjustments at half....check. Canzeri got good carries....check. The backup quarterback played...check. Iowa had a lot of penalties today...true. Our senior TE had most of those....you talk to him about it. Our QB was solid.....check. Our line on both sides dominated both sides...check. Our wide receivers made some nice plays today...check.

These are all very general positive statements. If you want to pull out your notebook that you keep track of all the negatives to throw out what happened, more power to you. If your looking for a pat on the back or have someone say, ya know...Bob really knows his football...I hope you receive it.

Iowa played a nice game today. Perfect...no, but at a level that was nice to see.

Family was at the game. Of the 25K or so in attendance, it was 10K Iowa fans.
The game was, in doubt, until Purdue fumbled the ball when it was 14-7.
If Purdue doesn't fumble and scores, the mentality of that game, going forward, changes drastically.

It reminded me of the Iowa-Michigan game in 2002. It was tight game, until midway through the 3rd quarter, until the Michigan punt returner muffed the catch. That 10-9 game turns into a large Iowa win.

We still have the mentality of keeping bad teams in games for far too long.

I will take a 24 point win over any Big Ten team every weekend. Nothing to be disappointed about … plenty of highlights with Canzeri emerging and the D-line play. I think we have a great shot at beating Michigan on senior day and being 7-4. Don't forget folks we have had a tough schedule and those 4 losses are all against top 25 teams with a combined 33-3 record.

I will take a 24 point win over any Big Ten team every weekend. Nothing to be disappointed about … plenty of highlights with Canzeri emerging and the D-line play. I think we have a great shot at beating Michigan on senior day and being 7-4. Don't forget folks we have had a tough schedule and those 4 losses are all against top 25 teams with a combined 33-3 record.

It was a win on the road. Any win on the road is good. That being said, Purdue is quite possibly the worst major college football team in the country. Watching the first half was like having a tooth pulled. Thankfully, things got better as the game progressed. Another positive is that after watching Michigan the past two weeks, I think Iowa has to play pretty damn poorly at home, NOT TO BEAT THEM. Their running game is non-existent and MSU and Nebraska played them like it. Nebraska blitzed the crap out of the Michigan QB and he was helpless back there. I can't recall a time when I have been less impressed with the Michigan running backs and their overall team speed. Iowa has two weeks to get ready. We have not been able to say this much over the years, but this is a game THAT IOWA SHOULD WIN.

If an in-depth, knowledgeable (and yes, critical when it's warranted) analysis of our football team is too much for you, that's cool. People have different levels of "involvement" when following their teams. Do what you enjoy and avoid the deeper discussions that are too much for you.

Nobody is forcing you to read the threads you don't care for.

Latest posts