This Game Will tell us a lot

longtimer

WE have played an FCS team, Troy (one of the worst teams in the country), Iowa State a pretty good team that was playing without top 3 LBs and Minnesota. Not exactly a tough schedule to date. This game should tell us if Johnson is a legit top RB, If our defense is still elite and if a change in QB is coming?? Not going to win at Ohio State but still a lot to play for

WE have played an FCS team, Troy (one of the worst teams in the country), Iowa State a pretty good team that was playing without top 3 LBs and Minnesota. Not exactly a tough schedule to date. This game should tell us if Johnson is a legit top RB, If our defense is still elite and if a change in QB is coming?? Not going to win at Ohio State but still a lot to play for

I don't think it will tell us if KJ is a legit top RB...we already know the answer to that. But against a D as stout as OSU, you still need a passing game to keep safeties back, and an OL to at least occupy guys. There is no guarantee we will get that. Even if he rushes 15 times for 10 yards, it won't change my opinion of his talent.

I agree with you on this being telling for our defense, and the progress of the offense as a whole.

I don't know that OSU's defense is elite, and I don't think we will know that it is after playing a very challenged offensive team in Iowa. If Iowa scores 21 points on them, however, I think we can say they are not elite. :)

OSU has played absolutely no one. The toughest game was to a Michigan State team that barely beat a really bad Florida Atlantic team at home. Barely. Iowa lost to a Top 20 ISU team and spanked a Minnesota team on the road, at night, and that Minny squad then took the defending national champs to the wire last weekend. Iowa is clearly more battle tested.

That said, OSU has talent like no other. Hopefully, they are overconfident and don't have their A game.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure it will tell us a ton. We could lose by 3 touchdowns and win every remaining game. I hope I'm wrong and this game is close, but OSU has a ridonkulous amount of talent this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make the NC game. In terms of talent, it's at the same level as Alabama and Georgia.

I'm not putting any stock into this game Saturday. I've been watching Iowa play OSU since I was a kid and with rare exception, it's a tough outing. Again, I always hope for the best.

Latest posts