This describes Iowa...

J/K I know you can get places without breaking laws. But can I get you to agree that the USA is over-burdened with silly laws and needless regulations??
Are there too many laws and regulations? Probably. Why? Because we can't trust people to be honest and do the right thing. Were any laws broken in giving Kirk the new contract extension. Highly doubtful.

Are there too many laws and regulations? Probably. Why? Because we can't trust people to be honest and do the right thing. Were any laws broken in giving Kirk the new contract extension. Highly doubtful.

Kirk didn't break any laws, I agree.

"Because we can't trust people to be honest and do the right thing."

But then I have to wonder if during his 18yrs Kirk has ever done the wrong thing.;)

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...yes-review-hiring-kirk-ferentz-future-son-law

Last edited:

But then I have to wonder if during his 18yrs Kirk has ever done the wrong thing.;)
As you know I'm not talking about never making a mistake.

It was a pay article, could you cut n past a small portion?

I found the article through Google and have access to the whole article when the link is clicked via search but when I clicked on the link in my post it does indeed say you have to subscribe or sign in. I've never seen that before.

Anywho - you can search Google for "3 felonies a day" or see some of the highlights below:

Boston civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate calls his new book "Three Felonies a Day," referring to the number of crimes he estimates the average American now unwittingly commits because of vague laws.

Mr. Silverglate describes several cases in which prosecutors didn't understand or didn't want to understand technology. This problem is compounded by a trend that has accelerated since the 1980s for prosecutors to abandon the principle that there can't be a crime without criminal intent.

Under the English common law we inherited, a crime requires intent. This protection is disappearing in the U.S. As Mr. Silverglate writes, "Since the New Deal era, Congress has delegated to various administrative agencies the task of writing the regulations," even as "Congress has demonstrated a growing dysfunction in crafting legislation that can in fact be understood." Prosecutors identify defendants to go after instead of finding a law that was broken and figuring out who did it. Expect more such prosecutions as Washington adds regulations.

How do you know? Barta isn't that stupid to present such a deal. No way. Iowa that desperate? No. When something way out of the bounds of normal, one has to look. Unfortunately the press no longer does that. They don't want to lose their scoops on KF or Barta. They are afraid of getting punished. Having worked in eastern Europe quite a bit, where corruption runs amok, this sure smells like something fishy. You all make assumptions that because he's the Iowa coach and he's the Iowa AD and that because it is Iowa that nothing happened.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Why does the national media have to bring it to your attention. They are questioning what happened in a round about way.

The deal makes absolutely no sense. None what so ever.

So we are now going after an RB that left OSU...why we didn't jump on him immediately then now we go see if he's interested? Oh let's see Oliver Martin (your own freakin back yard you idiots) no interest OH NOW we want you. These guys led by the head recruiting stooge KF are classic late to the party....that's why we are always like 60th in the recruiting rankings every freaking year. Next we'll lose the Epinesa kid....that would be tragic.

Next we'll lose the Epinesa kid....that would be tragic.

Tragic? That's a little over-dramatic, isn't it?

Have you seen commercials for Kevin Hart's new movie? Halle Berry has dropped from "hot" to "hot for her age".

THAT is tragic. Your thing would be just another f up by this staff.

Tragic? That's a little over-dramatic, isn't it?

Have you seen commercials for Kevin Hart's new movie? Halle Berry has dropped from "hot" to "hot for her age".

THAT is tragic. Your thing would be just another f up by this staff.
That's funny! But irrelevant to this thread.

I think several posters, including at least one of the admins are failing to see how the program is being portrayed on the national level.

Exactly, you start winning only 7 games at Wisconsin or Nebraska and those fan bases and administrations will turn on you quicker than you can say "that's football."

At Iowa, winning 7 games is an accomplishment!

I think several posters, including at least one of the admins are failing to see how the program is being portrayed on the national level.

We are the laughing stock of the country not only for these contracts but everyone from recruits, players and opposing coaches know how easy it is to game plan for us. But hey, why say anything...they want to keep Mr 7-5 in place as long as possible. Recruits see how boring we are and want a least a little flash. Even our alternate uniforms were pretty ho hum.

Latest posts