This Board is Filled with Tavern Hoks

Section136

Pretty obvious that most of the posters here jumped on the wagon during the 2002-2004 years.

Now the program is a little down and they are ready to abandon ship.

Iowa has lost 7 games in a row, don't act like it's something noteworthy to point out fan grumbling.

I don't recall anyone "jumping ship" just not having faith in Kirk. That is two totally different things.

Iowa has lost 7 games in a row, don't act like it's something noteworthy to point out fan grumbling.

this board is more than 'fan grumbling'. hell, the tavern hok fans behind my folks at the games grumbled winning games because norm didn't know the game (blitz!), and Ken Keefe took the 'o' out of 'offense'........

iowa hok fan is spoiled. more delusional fan base? clowns, and by a long shot....but just sayin'......

But have only lost 1 this year. 6 of the loses are from last year. We know last year sucked, no need to keep grumbling about it.

There were plenty of positives to take away from this past wkend. I'm gonna focus on them.

Dave- there is a thread stating that people are not renewing tickets. And last year the stadium was supposed to be half empty for teh Purdue game and 75% Go Big Red for teh Nebby game.

People are bailing on this program.

But have only lost 1 this year. 6 of the loses are from last year. We know last year sucked, no need to keep grumbling about it.

There were plenty of positives to take away from this past wkend. I'm gonna focus on them.

If it were 7 wins in a row would you care if we mentioned it?

This is my biggest gripe from the last couple days.

Obvious tavern Hok dolt refuses to acknowledge progress and honestly thinks anything less than 10-2 every year is a massive failure and grounds for termination.

Dave- there is a thread stating that people are not renewing tickets. And last year the stadium was supposed to be half empty for teh Purdue game and 75% Go Big Red for teh Nebby game.

People are bailing on this program.

How do you know those 6-7 people from that thread were tavern hoks?

this. and they were noticed by more than just our fan base, as well.

I love threads that try to identify people as "true fans."

"True fans" are usually whoever agrees with the OP.

Oh another post pointing out who and who is not a "true fan." I have been a Hawk fan for 33 years ... had season tickets for 9 years ... served on the local I-Club board for 6 years ... but recently, I did give up my season tickets. I suppose that makes me a fair-weather fan now ... We are all fans of the Hawks ... Stop with the cheap posts calling people out for being critical of the program ... "I'm a real fan because I've gone to every home game for the past 23 years." ... And yes, the point of your thread was indirectly geared toward the "true fans" and "non-true fans."

If it were 7 wins in a row would you care if we mentioned it?

If it were the 7 wins, then you wouldn't have the alts coming out of the woodwork with the fyah Kurt rants, the 2nd string QB is far bettah, or I'm returning muh season tix to GarBar.
Obviously that would be much more tolerable. But in the end, 6 of those wins would be from last year; and thus have no bearing on this years team.

I've invested tens of thousands of dollars in this university and its athletic department. I expect to at least be mildly entertained by the football team. And I could care less if message board wankers question my level of enthusiasm and slavish devotion (or lack thereof) to the 4 million dolla man.

Oh well. Even Lickliter had his "true fan" defenders at the bitter end. It is what it is.

Pretty obvious that most of the posters here jumped on the wagon during the 2002-2004 years.

Now the program is a little down and they are ready to abandon ship.

I'd wager that I attended my first Hawkeye game at a younger age than you... have been to more since then...driven more miles... contributed more money... and...well, pick the metric of your choice.

That having been said, I realize you may not be talking to me. Still... I'll take angry "Tavern-Hoks" over a century of irrelevance (see ISMoo)

I've invested tens of thousands of dollars in this university and its athletic department. I expect to at least be mildly entertained by the football team. And I could care less if message board wankers question my level of enthusiasm and slavish devotion (or lack thereof) to the 4 million dolla man.

Oh well. Even Lickliter had his "true fan" defenders at the bitter end. It is what it is.

Seriously who defended lickliter in the end?

Latest posts