Think Wegher is Happy He Committed to Iowa?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
With all those offers he had, it was awesome when he chose Iowa.

He finished off his freshman year by putting the nail in the coffin during a BCS Bowl Game win. That's the sort of thing you dream of in high school and hope to have a chance to do.

He's got to be one happy guy.

I would think so. I know I'll get disagreement here (hey, what are message boards for?) but in my mind he's the top 1 or 2 running back for us next year, obviously depending on how the newcomers look in spring practice and the first game or two.

I'll be excited to see how BW grows next season. He's already pretty darned good.

Best potential player Iowa has.
You clearly don't know K-Dav then. I heard from a close friend and former teamate of Pat Angerer that Pat said K-Dav is a freak and will be the best NFL prospect on the team this year the kid is unbelievable and has the best WR coach in the country. Keep that inmind.

You clearly don't know K-Dav then. I heard from a close friend and former teamate of Pat Angerer that Pat said K-Dav is a freak and will be the best NFL prospect on the team this year the kid is unbelievable and has the best WR coach in the country. Keep that inmind.

+1. The depth at wide out this year was so deep that it was so hard for davis to be able to contribute the wegher did. You had Mc7, DJK, Stross, Chaney, and Sandeman all whom have been in the system for a couple of years and Mc7 and DJK proved to both be all conference type wide outs. If Hampton and Brinson were both healthy robinson would have probably have been third while wegher taking the redshirt.

Wegher WILL NOT BE SWITCHING POSITIONS. Get that thru your thick skulls people. The kid is a TRUE freshman and will get better by leaps and bounds. I think he will our starting tailback next year, if not he will be getting similar number of carries he got this year.

+1. The depth at wide out this year was so deep that it was so hard for davis to be able to contribute the wegher did. You had Mc7, DJK, Stross, Chaney, and Sandeman all whom have been in the system for a couple of years and Mc7 and DJK proved to both be all conference type wide outs. If Hampton and Brinson were both healthy robinson would have probably have been third while wegher taking the redshirt.

And next year's depth may be better!!!

DJK, Chaney and Sandeman will all be seniors. McNutt will be a junior. Add in Davis as a sophomore. While losing Moeaki is a huge loss, I think Reisner will be a more than adequate replacement.

There were several that said this past year was the best receiver corps Iowa ever put on the field but, and I mean no ill feelings against Stross as he was and always will be a Great Hawk through and through, but is next year's receivers actually better than this year's?

If so and if the line can give Stanzi time, with the returning running backs, this team could be VERY EXPLOSIVE!!!!

In my opinion, assuming that Jewel Hampton's recovery goes well, I would guess that he will be the #1 back next season. Hampton was a beast behind Shonn Greene.Nothing against Wegher or Robinson because they both played really well also, I just think Hampton looked better. It will be interesting to see how things play out next season. No matter who is back there, the running game should be pretty good.

A-Rob and BW first iowa tandom running backs since banks and shaw I like it. But have no doubt people Jewel Hampton will start next season he is a flash in the pan speed and great vision, which A-Rob and BW need some work on that.

A-Rob and BW first iowa tandom running backs since banks and shaw I like it. But have no doubt people Jewel Hampton will start next season he is a flash in the pan speed and great vision, which A-Rob and BW need some work on that.

Guessing you forgot about Russell and Lewis. Those two put Robinson and Wegher to shame.

Then I'll have to make the assumtion that you watched zero Hawkeye football this season. Robinson hits the hole way faster than Wegher.

On that note, Wegher's patience for a true frosh is amazing... He's just a little to patient sometimes.

On that note, Wegher's patience for a true frosh is amazing... He's just a little to patient sometimes.

This "patience" that you speak of is also the reason that we had half this board ******** because the line didn't block for Wegher like the block for Robinson. IMO the reason Robinson was the better back is because he was willing to take what the opposing D gave him. Wegher my have more patience as a runner but Robinson was better on a down to down basis and made more big plays. That said I don't think either one will beat out a healthy Hampton and I doubt we are going to see a 3 headed monster at RB.

I agree. If most of his career wasn't wiped out due to injuries I think Lewis could have been the best Iowa RB since Harmon.

Was nice to have him step in when Fred was getting shut down. I also see a bit of Lewis in Jewel. Both hit the hole hard and have the ability to make you miss or run you over.

Latest posts