Things with Iowa Football that I'm over:

BlackNGold1982

1. Not putting our best offensive players in position to demonstrate their talents.
2. Losing to Michigan State
3. A soft a$$ offensive line
4. Zero pressure from the defensive line.
5. The opposing OC always having more creative play calling
6. The opposing defense always getting more penetration
7. Brian Ferentz as our OC.
8. Not being competitive for the B1G West in 2 years now.
9. Everyone else with seemingly the ability to recruit more talent, even Maryland for that matter.
10. Over this damn archaic same 'ol, same 'ol Iowa.

11. Scared play calling when you're inside your own 20 yard line. The grass is the same there as the rest of the field and as far as I know, opponents' defenses aren't allowed to have more players on the field when your backed up.

It was not a good game. There are almost no positives to this contest. The fake FG was extremely nice but we squandered that possession away and now the cat is out of the bag for that. Hawks were flat and that was a concern after the PSU game. I had hoped it would not be so.

I am about ready to tap out on Iowa offense....they win games with defense and getting breaks.....My mindset now and moving forward is how can the defense win this.......what do they have to do to help the offense.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree on one thing, & that's Kirk needs another five year extension and contract raise.
Don't worry, whenever ends up on the hotseat, he'll pull a good season out of his ass and get that extension and raise. He's one lucky fricken dude.

I am about ready to tap out on Iowa offense....they win games with defense and getting breaks.....My mindset now and moving forward is how can the defense win this.......what do they have to help the offense.
I dunno.
Maybe a couple 3-and-outs in opponent's territory instead of 10-and-out with a couple of 3rd and 9 conversions so that we have to catch the punt at the 8 yard line.

Can we try that?

I dunno.
Maybe a couple 3-and-outs in opponent's territory instead of 10-and-out with a couple of 3rd and 9 conversions so that we have to catch the punt at the 8 yard line.

Can we try that?

Even if that happened, the Iowa offense would still have issues.

Even if that happened, the Iowa offense would still have issues.
Probably. They are young. Putting them deep in their own territory most possessions the last 3 games doesn't help unless we're playing a BigXII defense.

But field position tends to shrink the playbook. Even for schools not named Iowa. If you don't, you end up with a QB getting sacked for a safety when you're down by 7

Probably. They are young. Putting them deep in their own territory most possessions the last 3 games doesn't help unless we're playing a BigXII defense.

If this was isolated to just this year i would be right there with you. This offense has been rated 70 or worse for what seems like a decade plus now.

If this was isolated to just this year i would be right there with you. This offense has been rated 70 or worse for what seems like a decade plus now.
Do you think the bend-don't break defense gives Iowa good field position or backs them inside our own 20? The top 30 scoring defense just might be a part of the reason Iowa's scoring offense is ranked below average because the have to drive 75-90 yards most of the time for a TD. Unless, of course, it's a Big Xii defense.

The game isn't played in a vacuum.

Do you think the bend-don't break defense gives Iowa good field position or backs them inside our own 20? The top 30 scoring defense just might be a part of the reason Iowa's scoring offense is ranked below average because the have to drive 75-90 yards most of the time for a TD. Unless, of course, it's a Big Xii defense.

The game isn't played in a vacuum.

So if Iowa's average starting position was the 35 instead of the 20 you are saying that Iowa would get creative with their offense? The 8 and 9 men in the box will go away. All of sudden teams will respect Iowa's passing game. okay, got it. The iowa D is responsible for flipping the field on every possession because that is the only way the Iowa O can move the ball. Makes total sense.

Kirk not answering simple questions in the press conference e.g why our running game has been so atrocious. Either he doesn’t know or won’t say. Neither is acceptable.

Kirk not answering simple questions in the press conference e.g why our running game has been so atrocious. Either he doesn’t know or won’t say. Neither is acceptable.
I didn't see / hear it. Did he at least acknowledge the offense has been "production-challenged"?

Latest posts