Things that you wish would have been in kirks contract

Some sort of incentive bonus and/or clause that was tied to offensive production. Finish in the top 60 in total offense, maybe top 30 in scoring, Any incentive that would get him to think outside the box more......something that would make him consider overhauling his offensive philosophy.

Every time he wins a bowl championship he gets an automatic 3 year extension and 1 million per year raise.

Never lock in a contract extension of over five years with anyone. Very few coaches can keep the momentum going at one school for decades.

A three year contract with a two option would have been ideal under the circumstances.

I would have been in favor having a clause that allow a "designated press conference guest" to allow someone more entertaining to do his press conferences each week. My god, I can't even read them any more without rolling my eyes to the point where I can't see straight until Thursday.

The list of change is too long for this thread.

A small novel could be written as to what should be changed and what an athletic director and university president SHOULD NOT be allowed to put in a contract.

Never lock in a contract extension of over five years with anyone. Very few coaches can keep the momentum going at one school for decades.

A three year contract with a two option would have been ideal under the circumstances.

I think Ben Jacobsen just got his contract thru year 2024 - 2025 season. Unfortunately, I think it's the way it is now. This is even a coach at a mid major.

$300,000 bonus each year your recruiting class in ranked top 10 or above.
$100,000 from 20 to 11.

Recruiting rankings are so subjective so would never work but too bad a school couldn't give a bonus on that. That is the foundation for success to start.

I think Ben Jacobsen just got his contract thru year 2024 - 2025 season. Unfortunately, I think it's the way it is now. This is even a coach at a mid major.

In in the state of Iowa it's this way apparently. Some states have a limit on the years allowed on a contract for a public university.

I believe in the state of Mississippi or Alabama it's 5 years maximum for coaches contracts including extensions of course.

Maybe start with a minimum amount of hours spent watching film or speaking with players? Also, every time he has to ask another coach from another school how to coach football he has to pay the school $100,000. Kind of like a "con ed" fee.

Every time somebody bitched about him on a message board he gets a dollar. You think the McGrath's got money, ****!

Latest posts