They're Coming for Deuce Hogan

Turning a negative into a positive this is just more ammunition for those on here claiming recruiting is on the upswing.
:D:D:D

Turning a negative into a positive this is just more ammunition for those on here claiming recruiting is on the upswing.
:D:D:D
To be fair, he shut down any speculation on the TN offer by saying he's a Hawk.

Can't get complacent, but he's safe with us for now.

I hope he stays. It would really stink if they took a Deuce.

giphy.gif

I try not to get myself excited too much about guys before they sign, since I have bad luck with that, but if Hogan does end up playing at Iowa, I would feel confident saying he would end up as a damn good QB.

yep, yep. we are set at qb for the foreseeable future. don't overlook any qb already signed.

yep, yep. we are set at qb for the foreseeable future. don't overlook any qb already signed.
Agree. Mansell could be pretty darn good. The Cali kid as big and strong of an armed kid he is could be a heck of a Qb too. We are sitting as pretty at the QB position as we could hope. And this is after having missed on the kid from CB Max Duggan I think is his name that went to TCU. Now let's get em some more WRs to throw to..

Agree. Mansell could be pretty darn good. The Cali kid as big and strong of an armed kid he is could be a heck of a Qb too. We are sitting as pretty at the QB position as we could hope. And this is after having missed on the kid from CB Max Duggan I think is his name that went to TCU. Now let's get em some more WRs to throw to..

I think we are sitting really good at QB right now as well, but I fear that after Spring Ball 2020, we may not be. Only one can be the #1 coming out of Spring Ball, and depending on who that is will affect who decides to stay. The younger the guy is who wins, the more likely others bail out. I think the days of waiting your turn, in hopes that you can be the starter as a 5th year senior are gone.

I think we are sitting really good at QB right now as well, but I fear that after Spring Ball 2020, we may not be. Only one can be the #1 coming out of Spring Ball, and depending on who that is will affect who decides to stay. The younger the guy is who wins, the more likely others bail out. I think the days of waiting your turn, in hopes that you can be the starter as a 5th year senior are gone.
Very true but coaches (especially older ones like KF) can't look to the future very far out like they used to. He's gotta put out there who can win now. Worry about recruiting more QBs when you come to that bridge.

We've talked and written about it before, but QB depth likely will be a concern at times with the graduate transfer rule. It's affecting programs nationally.

Last year, Iowa lost Ryan Boyle and Tyler Wiegers to transfer, leaving it with a redshirt freshman and true freshman as the backups.

This cycle certainly could continue.

Latest posts