northwestern - 4
buckeyes - 6
nittany lions - 2
rutgers - 0
purdue - 1
maryland - 0
badgers - 5

- discuss -

So Iowa's recruiting is on par w/ OSU and better than UM and Wisky!!!

Volk is supposedly announcing within the next couple weeks, and things are looking good for Iowa there, so we could move to 7 pretty soon.

One thing I like about how recruiting has gone recently, is we seem to build the bulk of our class early.

That means we're locking down guys earlier, evaluating them earlier and better, and usually getting our top targets at each position.

Plus, it leaves us with a lot of breathing room as the late signing period approaches as well.

One thing I like about how recruiting has gone recently, is we seem to build the bulk of our class early.

That means we're locking down guys earlier, evaluating them earlier and better, and usually getting our top targets at each position.

Plus, it leaves us with a lot of breathing room as the late signing period approaches as well.
Agreed. For the 2019 class by May of 2018 we already had commitments from Ezra Miller, Logan Lee, Jestin Jacobs, along with a few other quality in state guys and others.

With several quality signees that allowed us to be more picky throughout the rest of the period and then in the late cycle we went for two potentially high upside guys in Jermari Harris and TJ McCall. Here’s a cool article on the timeline, I really like that 2019 class.
https://iowa.rivals.com/news/how-the-2019-class-came-together

2020 is setting up similar. We could have 7 commits already within the next two weeks including locking up most of the instate talent (with Volk) along with a 4* QB. From there hopefully we can get a few of our WR targets and 2020 should be another strong class.

Think this class could be potentially the biggest one Kirk has brought in. I think kids are seeing the recent success of Iowa players in the NFL, and seeing how constant and consistent the Hawkeye coaching staff is.

So Iowa's recruiting is on par w/ OSU and better than UM and Wisky!!!

Tyler Elsbury makes 8

Currently Iowa has more verbals than any other program in the B1G.

The class has offers from Tenn, Michigan, Nebraska and other P5 programs.

Nebraska is still sitting at one verbal

Tyler Elsbury makes 8

Currently Iowa has more verbals than any other program in the B1G.

The class has offers from Tenn, Michigan, Nebraska and other P5 programs.

Nebraska is still sitting at one verbal

We are putting in early work and getting top target kids. I like it. I also like the push to get them to commit ASAP. My only gripe is we are recruiting well in typical areas of strength. I would like to see us address some weaknesses please.

time for an update:

IOWA - 9 verbals (Yelverton being another indicator that recruiting is on the upswing)

cyclones - 6
illinois - 3
indiana - 2
maryland - 4
michigan - 6
michigan state - 3
minnesota - 8
nebraska - 3
northwestern - 7
ohio state - 8
penn state - 8
purdue - 3
rutgers - 1
wisconsin - 5

Last edited:
ESPN has updated the ratings. Everyone got a slight promotion.

Elsbury is now a 4 star
Deuce remains a 4 star (ESPN 300)
Logan Jones is now a 4 star (ESPN 300)

The lowest rating is 76, and they are still figuring out what rating to give Ethan Hurkett. I expect Yelverton to get promoted to 4 stars as well. That would make 4 of the 9 verbals "elite" recruits. I'm all giddy inside.

ESPN has updated the ratings. Everyone got a slight promotion.

Elsbury is now a 4 star
Deuce remains a 4 star (ESPN 300)
Logan Jones is now a 4 star (ESPN 300)

The lowest rating is 76, and they are still figuring out what rating to give Ethan Hurkett. I expect Yelverton to get promotoed to 4 stars as well. That would make 4 of the 9 verbals "elite" recruits. I'm all giddy inside.

That is some welcome news. Let's keep striking while the iron is hot.