These next three games....

Here are this Saturday's Big 10 games ...

High Point at #15 Ohio State (11:00 a.m. - BTN)
Maryland-Baltimore County at Penn State (12:00 p.m. - BTN)
Northern Illinois at #10 Michigan State (1:00 p.m. - BTN)
Southwest Minnesota State at #25 Nebraska (1:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Florida Atlantic at Illinois (2:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Maine at Rutgers (2:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Belmont at Purdue (3:30 p.m. - FS1)
#16 Wisconsin at Western Kentucky (4:30 p.m. - CBS Sports Network)
Radford at Maryland (5:00 p.m. - ESPNU)
Bryant at #23 Iowa (7:00 p.m. - ESPNU)

Here are this Saturday's Big 10 games ...

High Point at #15 Ohio State (11:00 a.m. - BTN)
Maryland-Baltimore County at Penn State (12:00 p.m. - BTN)
Northern Illinois at #10 Michigan State (1:00 p.m. - BTN)
Southwest Minnesota State at #25 Nebraska (1:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Florida Atlantic at Illinois (2:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Maine at Rutgers (2:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)
Belmont at Purdue (3:30 p.m. - FS1)
Radford at Maryland (5:00 p.m. - ESPNU)
Bryant at #23 Iowa (7:00 p.m. - ESPNU)

What's with Gary scheduling Bryant? Is he gutless or something?

Kudos to Barry Alvarez and Wisconsin. Again. I get tired of having to say that.

Didn't ball-less Barry schedule Savannah State too?
I'm not sure. He did manage a schedule about 60 places higher than ours. He does have a couple of Final Four banners hanging in his rafters and his team just came into CHA and kicked our ass. So, I guess when he can sit there and point out those facts........he probably doesn't give a shit what you call him. Or what you think of his job performance. If he paid you any attention, he'd probably laugh at you, just like the rest of us.

let's put it this way, my dad is getting up in years and i wanted to take him and my brothers to watch an iowa game and relive some memories together.

but when i saw the slate of teams scheduled over the Christmas season, . . . i decided to get them Old Wisconsin sausages/cheeses instead.

Tickets may have cost less.

I'm not sure. He did manage a schedule about 60 places higher than ours. He does have a couple of Final Four banners hanging in his rafters and his team just came into CHA and kicked our ass. So, I guess when he can sit there and point out those facts........he probably doesn't give a shit what you call him. Or what you think of his job performance. If he paid you any attention, he'd probably laugh at you, just like the rest of us.
It was a joke dumb ass.

Didn't ball-less Barry schedule Savannah State too?
Hair-less Barry maybe

True story: He shaved his head prior to the state championship game when he was at Mason City in 1978 to raise money for some school function. Not only did the win the championship, Bob Commings was fired a week later at Iowa and when Hayden was hired and the dust settled, Hayden needed one more coach on his staff. Dan McCarney, who recruited Waterloo, Northern Iowa and Minnesota, knew Barry and recommended him. Barry was still bald as a baby's behind when he interviewed for a job that would be the turning point of his life. Only in his early thirties at the time, his hair never did completely grow back, either.

Happy new year everyone and enjoy the bowl games!

Kudos to Barry Alvarez and Wisconsin. Again. I get tired of having to say that.

Just curious ... is it better to barely beat Bryant or lose at Western Kentucky? :)

Just curious ... is it better to barely beat Bryant or lose at Western Kentucky? :)
A loss to a better opponent on their court is more likely to pay dividends later on in conference play. Beating below average teams does nothing to prepare you for above average teams. I've always maintained that the best way to improve is to play the best competition you can find.
I can go to any elementary school and give them buckets, all day long. The Lakers won't even return my calls. I don't get it! ;)

A loss to a better opponent on their court is more likely to pay dividends later on in conference play. Beating below average teams does nothing to prepare you for above average teams. I've always maintained that the best way to improve is to play the best competition you can find.
I can go to any elementary school and give them buckets, all day long. The Lakers won't even return my calls. I don't get it! ;)

Western Kentucky has lost vs UCF, @Missouri State, vs Troy, and @Belmont. 1st home win vs Top 15 team since 1973! They have beaten West Virginia and won @Arkansas. Meanwhile, Bryant has beaten Saint Peters, New Hampshire, and Dartmouth (and almost, Iowa).

Iowa started this 3 game stretch 28th in the RPI and today sit 56th.. meaningless and pointless games that hurt more than they help... They also fell 18th to barely in the polls to 25th..

Western Kentucky has lost vs UCF, @Missouri State, vs Troy, and @Belmont. 1st home win vs Top 15 team since 1973! They have beaten West Virginia and won @Arkansas. Meanwhile, Bryant has beaten Saint Peters, New Hampshire, and Dartmouth (and almost, Iowa).
WKU has beaten Wisconsin, Arkansas and West Virginia. They are also coming off of a 27-11 season. I'm not sure how good they were supposed to be but you can see they are Jekyl and Hyde. Not a push over. Certainly not a push over in their own house.

WKU has beaten Wisconsin, Arkansas and West Virginia. They are also coming off of a 27-11 season. I'm not sure how good they were supposed to be but you can see they are Jekyl and Hyde. Not a push over. Certainly not a push over in their own house.

Western Kentucky made the Sweet Sixteen in 2008 after beating Drake, Keno Davis's first and only year at Drake. They lost to Final Four bound UCLA by ten.....

That Drake team was really fun to watch. The teamwork was the best. They even made a sandwich for one of their players at that lousy BBQ joint, Jethrios.....

images

https://jethrosdesmoines.com/the-adam-emmenecker-challenge/

in 2009 they beat #5 Illinois in the first round and lost to #4 Gonzaga by 2 the next round.....

They also made the Dance 2012/13, losing to #1 Kentucky in 2012, then the next year losing to #1 Kansas by 7 in the first round.....

The Hilltoppers have a bit of Dance History.....

:cool:

Latest posts