There are 60 set Round two teams and 8 first round teams to equal 68

uihawk82

To finalize this math and arguments the tourney was expanded to 68 teams a few years ago as we all know.

There are 60 teams that are set for sure in what is now round 2. Round one has the 4 play in games for a total of 8 teams.

60 + 8 = 68, yes the hawks are in the tournament.

Still it is silly that the selection didn't put Iowa at a level 8 seed or higher. Their anti Iowa bias is showing again just like last year. Second the brackets are way more complicated than they should be. I like it more with even numbers. As it is now Iowa has to win 7 games and most teams only have to win 6. In the championship game that could be a factor, unless both teams played in the first round.

Still it is silly that the selection didn't put Iowa at a level 8 seed or higher. Their anti Iowa bias is showing again just like last year. Second the brackets are way more complicated than they should be. I like it more with even numbers. As it is now Iowa has to win 7 games and most teams only have to win 6. In the championship game that could be a factor, unless both teams played in the first round.

I think it's got way more to do with their knowledge that Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern are all kind of teh suck. And Iowa lost to all three down the stretch, along with never really collecting a top-tier win.

Iowa blew out a number 2 seed, Michigan.

Tenn blew out a #1 seed and are still an 11 seed. All tournament teams with at large bids have some quality wins so don't act like our win over Michigan seperates us from the field of other at large bids.

I see you posting we desrved an 8 seed and I think you're the only person I've seen with this notion.

I think some like myself hoped for a 10 seed and thought if we were an 11 at least we would be the first round, not the play in games.

Those teams also lost badly. Iowa did not lose by more than 10 points all year. There is not a team in a seed close to Iowa that has played their level of competition, and played every game so close. Iowa has played most of their games at a level far higher than 11.

Those teams also lost badly. Iowa did not lose by more than 10 points all year. There is not a team in a seed close to Iowa that has played their level of competition, and played every game so close. Iowa has played most of their games at a level far higher than 11.

Who did we deserve to be seeded higher than?

Latest posts