There are 60 set Round two teams and 8 first round teams to equal 68

While I'm glad we're "in", I'm still not sure whether to consider us in or not at this point. In my opinion a tournament that seriously considers itself a tournament and calls the play in "round 1" while giving 60 teams a bye doesn't make sense. I'm still old school and think the tournament and the first round games start on Thursday and Friday.

While I'm glad we're "in", I'm still not sure whether to consider us in or not at this point. In my opinion a tournament that seriously considers itself a tournament and calls the play in "round 1" while giving 60 teams a bye doesn't make sense. I'm still old school and think the tournament and the first round games start on Thursday and Friday.

But the first round doesn't start on Thursday anymore, they start tomorrow. I get you don't like it and prefer the 64 teem field, I do as well. I would have rather they expanded the tournament by making the low majors play each other, 16 and 15 seeds. But the networks talked the NCAA talk them into making bubble teams play each other because it makes for better TV and I believe we will eventually see more of them. Like I mentioned in another thread I can see the NCAA bump up to 72 teams with each region having 16 seeds playing each other along with a 11 or 12 seed "bubble teams" playing each other.

Latest posts