The world we live in...

Quite a pic. The cables remain to be seen with recent contracts. Point taken, but most contracts I've read don't secure that.
The transmission lines in the ditch stay, but the trunk lines and feeders to the windmills and junctions come out.

What do you do with all the lithium battery waste or whatever technology would happen? I mean if 80% EV did come to fruition, what the heck do we do with all the dead batteries? I am surprised that is not more of a topic of discussion, especially for the greenies. Isn't that going to be a huge issue to navigate? I don't think one can just throw batteries away in the landfill.

They're already working on recycling centers for that, and also developing new technologies that don't rely on lithium. I've seen some sodium ones mentioned, but the scale isn't there yet to make them reasonable for smaller applications like cars. Like any new technology, will get there eventually.

Circling back to the solar discussion, I'm surprised we haven't looked at molten salt as a viable large-scale option in places like Arizona. Since they just use mirrors, you don't have to worry about solar panel manufacturing. Also, the molten salt retains most of its heat overnight so it can generate power 24 hours a day. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why, I just haven't read any good reasons yet.

They're already working on recycling centers for that, and also developing new technologies that don't rely on lithium. I've seen some sodium ones mentioned, but the scale isn't there yet to make them reasonable for smaller applications like cars. Like any new technology, will get there eventually.

Circling back to the solar discussion, I'm surprised we haven't looked at molten salt as a viable large-scale option in places like Arizona. Since they just use mirrors, you don't have to worry about solar panel manufacturing. Also, the molten salt retains most of its heat overnight so it can generate power 24 hours a day. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why, I just haven't read any good reasons yet.

Interesting.

You’re better than I am, I don’t recycle.

I might as well. It's just as easy to throw it in the recycle bin than in the garbage. The recycle bin gets taken out to the road each week and the truck dumps it. No sorting the recycleables anymore.

Latest posts